norwegian2015_2016

Monday 15th of February, from northern SD?

Hi

I have been riding mopeds and motorcycles for about 35 years, but I'm a novice when it comes

to dirt bikes and going on two wheels in California, in general (as I have just been in the US for about

6 months).

I bought a 1984 Honda XL250R some weeks ago, and have only ridden it on regular roads.

The furthest away from Carmel Valley I have taken the bike this far, is Ramona.

Just went and had a coffee, looked at people, animals and cars, and then went home again.. ;-)

If somebody would like to go for a common ride tomorrow morning, between approximately

8:30 and 10:30 send me a personal message or reply here..

I start from Carmel Valley, but we could off course meet somewhere else.

I don't have any particular idea about where to go, but guess that the small 250 is not too happy

with staying on the Interstate or similar roads for very long..

-norwegian2015_2016

If you could truck it to alpine.

I'm ready to go check the fire roads at PV.

My arm has been in a sling for four weeks.. But feeling better today.

I'm leaving alpine round 8:30

If you could truck it to alpine.

I'm ready to go check the fire roads at PV.

My arm has been in a sling for four weeks.. But feeling better today.

I'm leaving alpine round 8:30

Thanks for the offer! Would probably be fun. I have no truck, just a Toyota Camry and the Honda, so I will have to drive

the bike to wherever.. I'm probably late now, in any case.

Hope the arm works fine, as well as everything else, mechanical or otherwise.

I probably try and go in the direction of Julian. Can probably be reached by text message if anyone should

happen to be around; 858 - two five seven - 9559.

I live in Escondido and I Just fixed a 1984 XL 350 that has hardly ever been ridden, to say I restored it would be a lie. It would be fun to ride with you. Vintage bikes for sure.

post-13882-0-82305300-1455600460.jpg

Head Ed there now culdesac

Hi. I was there (Julian) for an hour or two, maybe between 11 AM and 1 PM, or around that time.

Saw some KTMs and similar bikes. Don't know if it could have been any SDAR-people there..

Bike was on the main street. Afterwards I took the 78 road to Oceanside, and the the 101 down to Del Mar,

on my way home. Nice trip. The bike refused to start after a brief stop in Carlsbad, so instead of driving off

I had a nice chat with Larry, a musician and narine biologist that had lots of interesting stories.

After the XL250R had cooled down somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes I was almost able to kickstart it.

Had to run it down a small hill to fire it up.

I enjoyed the nature up in the mountains, and appreciate all the wild birds. The climate here is fantastic, and so different

from what I'm used to, having average July ("summer") temperatures of 12 degrees C, or about 55 Fahrenheit..

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/S%C3%B8r-Tr%C3%B8ndelag/Trondheim/Trondheim/statistics.html

I live in Escondido and I Just fixed a 1984 XL 350 that has hardly ever been ridden, to say I restored it would be a lie. It would be fun to ride with you. Vintage bikes for sure.

Looks like a very nice bike!

Would definately appreciate to go on a ride. Thanks.

It's way too fast for my own potential speed also I just did it because ..

I was trying to film me dumping in to the bushes gracefully, but missed the goal.

Thanks for noticing my vid

Word is bleeeeep . so go get em if you like them because they're cool.. Another trail evades the dust .bleep is going bye bye also. Bleep edit.

After my arm gets out of a sling I'm gonna make more vids of the rutted stuff while it's still legal.

Hi

I have been riding mopeds and motorcycles for about 35 years, but I'm a novice when it comes

to dirt bikes and going on two wheels in California, in general (as I have just been in the US for about

6 months).

I bought a 1984 Honda XL250R some weeks ago, and have only ridden it on regular roads.

The furthest away from Carmel Valley I have taken the bike this far, is Ramona.

Just went and had a coffee, looked at people, animals and cars, and then went home again.. ;-)

If somebody would like to go for a common ride tomorrow morning, between approximately

8:30 and 10:30 send me a personal message or reply here..

I start from Carmel Valley, but we could off course meet somewhere else.

I don't have any particular idea about where to go, but guess that the small 250 is not too happy

with staying on the Interstate or similar roads for very long..

-norwegian2015_2016

Hi

I am planning to go out on the bike this weekend. I had some thought about going to Chloride, AZ, but it might

be a little bit too far, just for a couple of days. So, i probably stay somewhat closer to SD.

The Anza Borrego desert could maybe be nice, for a start. If anyone would like some company, we could

probably find some nice place to go. I'm not used to going off road, but have done a lot of (alpine) skiing,

cycling, three climbing and silly stuff when I was younger, so I'm eager to explore the surroundings off road

as well, though I'm probably slow compared to most of you..

If somebody would like to get in touch they may also send me a personal message, and I can provide my

phone number.

Longest trip with the bike this far was Carmel Valley to Julian, and then to Oceanside, Carlsbad, Del Mar

and back to Carmel V.

Best Regards,

norwegian2015_2016

Anza borrego has very soft sand and deep in section would be a little overwhelming for a newbie to desert. if you wanna get out look around north of warner springs lost valley goes north to puerta la cruz into anza ca and if you wanna do over night camping you can connect up to thomas mountain or all way to idyllwild dunno about road conditions with this rain but might be worth looking into.

Anza borrego has very soft sand and deep in section would be a little overwhelming for a newbie to desert. if you wanna get out look around north of warner springs lost valley goes north to puerta la cruz into anza ca and if you wanna do over night camping you can connect up to thomas mountain or all way to idyllwild dunno about road conditions with this rain but might be worth looking into.

Thanks for your advice! It's appreciated, as I'm definately a newbie, and have hardly been outside paved roads in the US.

Don't have any camping gear, so If I should stay for the night somewhere, I would go for a cheap hotel.

I'll check out the places that you mention on google maps.

Thanks for your advice! It's appreciated, as I'm definately a newbie, and have hardly been outside paved roads in the US.

Don't have any camping gear, so If I should stay for the night somewhere, I would go for a cheap hotel.

I'll check out the places that you mention on google maps.

I'm starting from Carmel Valley in maybe about 15 minutes. I go to St. Ysabel first, and maybe towards Anza Borrego (desert) or

Warner springs and further. Haven't decided. phone eight five eight 257 nine five five nine, in case anyone happens to be around..

In the end I went to Santa Ysabel, up to Warner Springs and then into Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Then to Ocotillo Wells where I tried the Honda in the sand, and up and down some steep (to me) hills. Fun! Went to Salton Sea, and considered whether i should go to Chloride, AZ ( http://chlorideaz.com/), or not. Tried to call the Shep's Miners Inn there, but did not get any contact through the phone. Then decided to go South, through another part of Ocotillo Wells. Had a Ballast Point IPA there.

Best beer in months..;-) Met a young guy on a Triumph before Julian.He had been driving 5000 miles, from Boston, since December. He then came from Slab City, which he said was a little bit towards a "lawless" community. Had another break in Ramona before arrival in Carmel Valley around 7:30 PM. Would have been nice to have a bike with a larger motor. Had to go down to 4th or 5th gear sometimes when going uphill and having the wind against me.

Thats one hell of a trip on that little bike. Sounds like a blast

XLent stuff! i like your style man

Thanks. I had a nice trip, at least, and I'm eager to get out in the desert again. Guess it would have been great to watch the stars

from out there. I should go sometime and stay there in the evening. So many incredible and fascinating places around here,

totally different from Scandinavia. Really great to have the opportunity to sample a little bit of California, at least.

Thats one hell of a trip on that little bike. Sounds like a blast

I have been in CA since 30th of July, and unfortunately I have to return to Norway in late June. I tried to be "reasonable" and not collect more stuff that I have to get rid of soon, than necessary. That included not buying a motorcycle. Then, I could not resist buying a bike any longer, and bought the 250 in January.. Had to try not to spend too much money, even though I know that

buying cheap sometimes turns out to be expensive ..

My wife was absolutely furious with anger for a couple of days, but I believe that it was absolutely worth it. ;-)

I don't know where this addiction comes from, but it probably started during childhood. It's so great to drive a motorcycle that I hope I can continue close to as long (or short - nobody knows) as I will live.

There are few things I enjoy more. I have already started thinking about going back to California for motorcycle trips after my return

to Norway. It's off course like exploring a new world here, for me, and I really enjoy the nature - and meet many interesting and nice persons over here.

The 250 has proven to be a little bit smaller than I expected, both in terms of engine power and size, especially for trips like

the one on Saturday, or longer ones. And, it's nothing for the freeway, since I feel that 55 - 60 mph is "enough" for that motor.

Anyway, I'm longing to get out on the road for new trips.

That is an impressive route for one day, especially considering your bike being on the smaller size and lack of knowing the area well. Well done!

That is an impressive route for one day, especially considering your bike being on the smaller size and lack of knowing the area well. Well done!

I enjoyed it, so it went relatively well. Some pain in my neck by the end of the day. Thanks, anyway.

I had a good laugh when I saw the photo on your page; "And then i told her ..." ;-) Sent it to my wife..

"My wife was absolutely furious with anger for a couple of days, but I believe that it was absolutely worth it. ;-)"

Oh man, I had to laugh at that one! I can totally relate. My wife actually stopped talking to me for a couple days when I told her I was buying a bike. She's still not totally okay with it. I haven't told her yet about the 2 week Cabo trip I hope to do this late Spring :)

"My wife was absolutely furious with anger for a couple of days, but I believe that it was absolutely worth it. ;-)"

Oh man, I had to laugh at that one! I can totally relate. My wife actually stopped talking to me for a couple days when I told her I was buying a bike. She's still not totally okay with it. I haven't told her yet about the 2 week Cabo trip I hope to do this late Spring :)

You must definately be a very brave man! ;-) A 2 week bike trip sounds great, but... I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your wife, and with your strategies to cope with it for days and months to come! :-)