Covered in Dust

First Aid Class 2/25/16

Excellent presentation! Thanks to CID, Paul B, Eddie & Tim.

I've had multi-hour first aid training classes in the past but gleaned much more real world lessons from this. Definitely interested in a continuation series as was suggested.

Again, well done & much appreciated.

Excellent presentation! Thanks to CID, Paul B, Eddie & Tim.

I've had multi-hour first aid training classes in the past but gleaned much more real world lessons from this. Definitely interested in a continuation series as was suggested.

Again, well done & much appreciated.

+1

Yes, thanks to Chris, Eddie and also Tim for stepping in to help since he's in Paramedic school.

Thanks to Paul also for radio lessons.

Excellent info, learned good stuff.

The case of good beers I brought did not go to waste LOL !!

Thanks Chris for the pizza and beer also, and Mike for other drinks and ice.

Funny, Doc wanted to play with the Dummy and help Mimi with CPR...I had to tie him up after that...LOL.

A very sincere thanks to Chris, Paul, Eddie & Tim for last night's presentation.

A fantastic facility for the presentation that has a garage about the size that I want - with a massive sized ice chest and boxes of pizza..

heck, with a bunk and a stove I would be good to go with just that garage :)

More importantly, it was great to listen to the dialog between all of them and the audience of fellow riders as there was excellent information shared by all due to so many unique riding experiences. I took some notes :) even though my main riding buddies think I already over prepare and over-pack often..... but I now have confirmation that preparedness is crucial for every rider and I am headed the right direction to make sure I can help my buds in a crisis!

Great info, thanks again!

Thank for doing this. Hope we never have to 'push the button'

Funny, Doc wanted to play with the Dummy and help Mimi with CPR...I had to tie him up after that...LOL.

He ran up and started to lick my hands and face. I should have told him that it was his job to lick the patient instead! :heh:

Thanks guys, that was great! Really appreciate you all sharing your time and knowledge.

Another thanks, great presentation and discussions, very informative.

...The beer and pizza weren't bad either.

Thanks to all who made it. It was a good time with some great info. Special thanks to Goofy for being put on the spot by Eddie and joining in the teaching. It's great when we can get together and share our experiences and knowledge over a few cold beverages and pizza.

CiD

About SPOT-

I decided rather than revomit stuff I've read on the internet that I should go to the source- and I was wrong on several observations- good news, though- this should clear it up:

Dear Paul Bowers,

Thank you for contacting SPOT Customer Care.

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. No. If the SPOT SOS button is pushed and the person continues to move from location it will continue to track the movement of the person every 5 minutes.

2. If the user manually presses and holds the SOS button after it has been pressed it will cancel the SOS message letting everyone know that you are ok and will call off any Search and Rescue Parties.

3. If the SOS is pushed then GEOS will always try to contact your Emergency contacts listed on your SPOT account. Regardless of whether they pick up or not they will take the SOS very serious and will dispach Search and Rescue to your location. This is why its very important to never press the SOS button unless you are indeed in a Emergency Situation.

We hope the above answered your questions. If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact SPOT again to find out more.

Thank you,

SPOT

The questions:

Our off-road motorcycle club was having a meeting last night where SPOT use was discussed at length and in detail. We all use SPOT (or Delorme, or both) and some questions came up for which I think we need answers from the source (that’s you).

Lots of internet rumor floating around- some may be true or not- I prefer the truth.

Hoping you can answer these:

1. If a SOS button is pushed and the pusher (victim?) continues to move, (walking, driving, etc) will the SOS be automatically cancelled?

2. If a SOS is pushed and then the signal stops (either by user cancelling or atmospheric conditions, etc) will the SOS be cancelled?

3. If the SOS is pushed, does GEOS first attempt to verify, using the emergency contact info associated with that EIN, that a user is in the area and may need assistance? And, if that emergency contact(s) cannot be reached, will the response be modified or canceled?

There may be more questions, but this is a start- thank you.

Guest Jdawg

My CPR is long expired.  I was looking any going thru Red Cross, but wanted to check if anybody is planning another class?