Covered in Dust

First Aid Class 2/25/16

OK we have a date, 2/25 is a Thursday and we'll start at 6 pm. I'll post up a little about what we will cover soon.

Cover in 1st Aid

That should work, I will plan on it.

Thanks Covered in First Aid !

I'm already certified across the board but I could show up to supervise and sample the beer?

I have patched up a few buds on adventures and always wondered if I was doing it right... they survived :) but still interested, thanks

Meeting with WakeMedic tomorrow to go over the class. I'll post up what we'll be covering tomorrow afternoon.

CiD

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend now due to a conflicting business meeting.

Too bad as I was really hoping to get some first aid training exposure for my daughters who are now riding too.

Best wishes for a successful class.

Would Like to supply a wound or 2. CID will need to Re-Imagine the Challenge. Didn't anyone take a graphic?

Don't think it will never happen to You! Eventually, you will need a qualified buddy to get you off the trail.

Bags/The Healed

I'll post up the address and class info tomorrow after I meet with Eddie. Then I'd like to get a headcount on who will attend.

Chris

OK here is the run down for the class. If anyone thinks there is something else we should cover let me know.

Basic CPR with mannequin we will also use this to show the proper way to remove a helmet and when to leave it on.

Basic wound care

Trauma care

Concussion Protocol

Broken bones and how to treat and also how to recognize compartment syndrome that could lead to loss of limb

First aid kits and what to carry

We will also discuss basic trail safety,

Radios

Spot type devices and when to hit the SOS button

Maps and I will talk briefly about some of the features on my Garmin Montana.

Eddie is a long time paramedic and will be doing most of the teaching with a little help from Paul Bowers on radios and from me on Spot device.

We would like an accurate count on who will be coming because Eddie will be bringing supplies for people to train on and I need to bring chairs and pizza. Bring your own beer or soda.

Thursday February 25th show up anytime around 6 and we'll start the class around 6:30 ish.

185 Vallecitos De Oro

San Marcos, Ca. 92069

This class is aimed at adventure riders who might be hours or days from medical attention.

CiD