Uncle Champ

robbery advice

I know this is a bit off topic (motorcycles) but anyway my daughter has 10 more days in Europe and had her wallet stolen this morning so no cash, credit card, drivers license. I don't know about the passport. It seems American Express can help, has anybody dealt with this , any good advice out there? Oh yeah her location will soon be Rome.

Concerned dad.

http://italy.usembassy.gov/

Hopefully, her passport is still with her. Maybe she made copies of everything or took pics of ID's on her phone prior to travel?

If you have access to her birth certificate, etc, text pics to her.

Best of luck!

Thanks , yes she has her passport and borrowed money from a friend. She seems OK with it all, I think maybe Dad worries to much. I will send her the embassy stuff.

Our daughter went through the same issue in Spain. As long as she has her passport she's fine. We use google drive to store passport copies, etc.. Assumedly the calls have been made to cancel credit cards.

Damn thieves,period.

At least she's not going to have to go to the local consulate in a rush. One other thing...tell her to be even more careful in Rome....

The American consulate/embassy will hook her up with a travel document and assist her in other ways. Unfortunately, it's more common than you'd think.

Dam Thieves in Europe. :axehead:

Yeah!

The thieves in the US are ok.

I think Mr. JaJa means those who take water barriers that aren't theirs.

That's the way I read it...