Mikey777

California Superbike School 4/16 @Streets of Willow in Rosamond, CA

The 2016 schedule for California Superbike School is up.

If you have never taken a street riding class, I highly recommend it. You will be a safer, faster rider. Plus, it is fun as hell.

I am doing the 4/16 class (Level 4) on their bike. They have all new 2016 BMW S1000 RR's for this year or bring your own bike. The last time I was there, there were several guys on big bikes with street bias tires doing Level 1. They did just fine and all kinds of bikes show up for that level. All riders, regardless of skill level/riding experience, start at Level 1. A KTM 990, GS, Tiger, Super Tenere, etc. would all do fine. You will need leathers or can rent them at the school. I learned a ton in Level 1, so it is well worth it.

I will be driving up, likely the night before, and staying in Lancaster. Check in is 7:30 a.m. and it is a long, cold ride or drive in the early morning from San Diego. You will want to be physically/mentally fresh, so I do not recommend riding up that morning. Plus, you will likely have to ride home that day too. (You will wish you didn't ride up that day).

$390 on your bike/$675 on theirs. (I am checking in on a group rate/discount and will keep you posted).

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule

post-15604-0-00623800-1451757978_thumb.j

post-15604-0-24703900-1451757998_thumb.j

Mike I am going to take you up on your suggestion and I am going to the track and take a weekend course just so I can sharpen my skills as a rider. I hope I do not look like fool with a RT touring bike on the track, but really do not care because I want to become a better rider.

The RT is perfect for that Dan. Lots of different types of bikes in Level 1. Let me know if you can do 4/16.

Great idea. Never done one of these but always wanted to. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

Track schools are the single best mod, period.

Yes, you learn to go faster, but you'll also learn to go safer.

BTW: I'd take a smaller bike on the Streets of Willow track. The regular track is fine with a bigger bike,

Streets is ideal for 250 - 600 cc bikes if you are going balls out. The emphasis of the track is technical skills (ie. transitioning through various types of corners and combinations of corners). The speeds in Level 1 are fairly low since most of the day is ridden with no brakes. The whole purpose is for you to slow down and learn how to properly transition through a corner at lower, safer speeds. So a bigger bike is generally okay at Level 1. If you are going up to Level 2 and riding faster, a smaller bike is much better.

So here is the group discount....if we get 10 or more riders they give a 10% rebate via a check. Kind of a PITA, but if we get 10 riders the cost is $351 on your own bike/$607.50. I would be happy to coordinate if anybody is interested.

"Yes we do! For groups of 10 or more we offer a 10% rebate of the total cost of the class for all of the riders. The rebate is issued as a check to the group leader once the class is completed. If you plan on doing this, please keep me updated with the names of the riders in your group."

Streets is ideal for 250 - 600 cc bikes if you are going balls out. The emphasis of the track is technical skills (ie. transitioning through various types of corners and combinations of corners). The speeds in Level 1 are fairly low since most of the day is ridden with no brakes. The whole purpose is for you to slow down and learn how to properly transition through a corner at lower, safer speeds. So a bigger bike is generally okay at Level 1. If you are going up to Level 2 and riding faster, a smaller bike is much better.

All very true!

Could we bring two bikes?

I don't know the answer to that..I will ask.....Assuming both pass the morning tech. inspection and you transfer your number to the other bike, it cannot see why not.

I used to roadrace at Willow, and a track class if u ride street is by far the best thing u can do !

Take a track class then go do different track days and you'll be surprised what happens when u hit the twisties next time.

Yes, Streets of Willow is an awesome track, but has tight corners as mentioned.

RT BMW u could do, if u take it easy and stay in slow group...you'll still learn a lot...think of Wynola Road.

Track school is about learning, not egos.