mtnmanseth

I may need a place to live - February 1

Hey gang - I’m currently embroiled in an epic housing disaster… I allowed a woman to move into my place on the beach in Encinitas on December 1st who I’m now sure is actually the devil. I believe she’s trying to steal/strong-arm my home, and I’ve hired an attorney to assist me. Unfortunately, co-tenant laws provide me zero additional rights to the place as the longtime incumbent tenant, so I’m now considering letting the terrorists win by moving out. This is a very long/shitty story that I can explain some other time - ALWAYS GET IMPORTANT VERBAL AGREEMENTS IN WRITING.

Anyway, just letting my friends know that I may need a room to rent beginning mid-Jan or February 1. I do require garage space for 2-3 dirt bikes and a little storage. Prefer to stay in North County, but really don’t care as long as it’s north of downtown. If you know any friends or colleagues with a room/property to rent starting mid-Jan or February 1, please let me know.

(I'm mid-30s, like beer/bacon, employed fulltime by the same engineering firm for 11 years, have excellent credit/references)

Please PM me

you already have the correct attitude don't waste your life energy (and $$) fighting for a "win".......get you stuff and give the "it" the old

finger wave on the way out. PS my casita does not fit your needs...otherwise door is open for emergency egress/temp stay.

Are you still on the lease? If so your on the hook for any damages or failure to pay rent in the future. Try and negotiate you way off the lease before moving.

Are you still on the lease? If so your on the hook for any damages or failure to pay rent in the future. Try and negotiate you way off the lease before moving.

^^^ This ^^^

I'm month-to-month, so moving out is not a problem. I've been there without a single problem, missed payment, or anything for 2.5 years.

Soon as I give my 30-day notice, I'm off the hook for rent payment after 30-days.

The problem with co-tenant laws/leases (aka housemate leases) is that when a crazy person moves in and just decides "Nope, I'm not paying what we agreed anymore", then the other co-tenant (me in this case) is 100% responsible to cover all rent. Before she moved in she was sweet and seemed reliable/reasonable. I entrusted this person to keep her agreement and made a horrible mistake of not getting a housemate agreement signed before she signed the lease with the property manager (a real POS who totally completely dodged all responsibility to mediate/assist me in this instance).

Always protect yourself! Always always get things in writing! But... Even if I would have got a housemate agreement before her lease was signed, it would only help in Small Claims Court, as I would still be on the hook to cover 100% of rent when she decided not to pay. The property manager only cares that 100% of rent is paid. If it's World War 3 at one of their rentals? "You guys are on your own." So bummed.

get out and don't look back..too much bs sucking the life out of you. get something new and riiiiide pensi positivi think positives

Look on the bright side. This happened to me......after 10 years......and she got more than half of everything I had. :lmaosmiley:

I like beer and bacon now, too.

I'm completely outta your 'hood but temp storage for 1 bike avail.

Beer, bacon, Jacuzzi, avail. Hang in there!

(a real POS who totally completely dodged all responsibility to mediate/assist me in this instance).

Sorry this is happening- I know it sucks.

Having been a landlord, the only position worse than yours is that of the property manager who gets themselves involved in these problems. I wouldn't accept co-tenants at all- I wanted one name on the lease and the same name for the deposit.

I have a place for you Saturday night and can store your bikes after that!!!

Besides, look on the bright side you were considering a move south, now someone has made that decision easier.

Bummed you have the headache though.

Funny how your bikes have more offers to stay then you do :) Just saying ...

If you're 16 days into the move in and ALREADY having issues, take the high road and put in your notice NOW. Get out ASAP.

Been there, done that. Never got the T-shirt. Plan a day when she is out of the house, and get your important stuff in storage.

Hot or not is the question .

Never ever stick your **** in crazy...