Many of you know this area. I hope you have enjoyed it as I have. This is right off Hunte Parkway near Olympic.post-13357-0-13190600-1450223263_thumb.j

That's the making of a bad ass ramp.

Just sayin'...

I was out there 3 weeks ago. I ran into a sheriff on a ktm and 3 others on quads. I was asked to leave and how i got in. I left and never looked back. In my short riding life that area has been one of my favorites. R.I.P.

Just asking you to leave was very cool of them. If you look closely at the picture of the sign it appears there are seven different codes you can be charged with.

RIP indeed. :(

Is that the sleep train area?

Yes. The picture was taken on the east end of it, near the Olympic training center.

:angry2: .......and who makes the call in our region to deem this a sensitive habitat area?

:angry2: .......and who makes the call in our region to deem this a sensitive habitat area?

The Gubermunt!

The areas in south county keep getting further and further out for riding.Progress I guess.

Sheriffs and Border Patrol must have environmentally sensitive tires, ever notice How Border Patrol can ride in the Wilderness areas? National security and all.

So is all riding in that area dead now? I guess there's just the truck trail and that little private track.

What about the area near Dulzura? That's BLM land with lot's of shooting and such taking place.

Good question.

I’ll try to keep this short and not boring.

Yeah.. Sensitive habitat…

Often times this is posted by the county or city which comes from a recommendation found in the Conclusion section of a biological survey performed on this area by a private consulting company for the municipality.

This typically is decided by the plant community or the occurrence of “sensitive” or “listed” (threatened, endanger or species of special concern) species observed in the area.

Or it could be this as already pointed out..

http://www.ovrp.org/trailmap.php

Or it could be…

I’ve never rode at this exact spot but this trailhead head seems very exposed to a large neighborhood with many people who may or may not dig the idea of plated and sometimes loud dirt bikes parading through and riding off road? This could trigger complaints.

I’m confident all in SDAR are responsible, stay on trails, tread lightly etc., etc. Unfortunately we are un-liked simply for what we enjoy even though we follow ethical practices. We all know this. I often equate off-roading to hunting in the way it’s disliked by those who have no clue but are simply preprogramed to oppose it. Perhaps keeping a low profile would help?

Not blaming or pointing any fingers or trying to give anyone a hard time just thinking out loud.

Or…

I could be and am probably WAY off on all accounts. What do I know? I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Great news no such BS on the other side of the fence, Tijuana and Tecate are still open to ride where you like with no hassles.

IMG_20151215_151441_899.jpg

The photo above appears to be an entrance to the north in the middle of residential area. The sleep train entrance gate is often open and no signs posted. However, this map seems to lay out trails on the North side of the river.

http://www.ovrp.org/documents/Figure_16.pdf

I have never had a problem going straight from Sleep Train thru to Otay Mtn.

Also see this discussion:

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19697-question-about-otay-entrance-around-aquatica/?hl=%2Btvscum+%2Bchula+%2Bvista+%2Bcounty#entry190103

Also, I don't think the EASTERN concept plan is a done deal. The agency appears to be taking comments for future use:

http://www.ovrp.org/uploads/calendar/OVRP%20Concept%20Plan%20Comment%20Card.pdf

STATUS REPORT ON OVRP CONCEPT PLAN UPDATE PROCESS – Joint Staff

Presentation to CAC

We are currently updating the OVRP Concept Plan. The County of San Diego has allocated

$40,000 for the update to this plan. The current plan is almost 20 years old and we would

encourage comments from this Committee. We will be bringing this topic to the next CAC

meeting on November 19, 2015 so please try to attend to provide comments. Some of the

items that are being reviewed are photos and figures, evaluation of future recreation areas,

staging areas, trail corridors and more. You can access the current plan on our County of

San Diego Parks and recreation website at www.sdparks.org. We have not started the

update yet, so there is not a new draft to compare or look at as of yet, we will start that

process at the November meeting.

This is the old concept plan from 1997 that they are updating:

http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/parks/OVRP/Documents/ovrpconceptplan.pdf