jawhitmoyer

Anyone want to ride in Baja between Christmas and New Years?

My wife's family are going to be in Ensenada for Chrsitmas, so I am going riding. I am planning on leaving the 26th from Ensenada (trailering down) and would like to be back to Ensenada on the 31st. The return date is NOT a requirement if I am having too much fun.

I am thinking of slabbing it to Santo Tomas and then hitting the coast to Colonet to spend the night. Then slab it to El Rosario, where I will pick up the dirt to Catavina to spend the night. From there no real plans, other than I would like to make it the Bay of LA, or do the 200 miles from San Ignacio to Loreto off road.

UPDATE: I have three routes mapped out, and depending on how I feel at either Guerrero Negro or Constitucion, I'll decide if I want to keep heading south, or make the turn back north.

Option 1: Ensenada to Guerrero Negro

post-15897-0-48045300-1450513828_thumb.j

Option 2: Ensenada to Cuidad Constitucion

post-15897-0-90707000-1450513811_thumb.j

Option 2: Ensenada to Cabo San Lucas

post-15897-0-48274400-1450513788_thumb.j

I'm heading down for a similar run with a group of 5 or 6 guys on bigger bikes (mostly 950 Super Enduro's) the 27th for 3 days if you want to join us. Planning on hitting up Cals and probably HP Ranch.

We are crossing at Tecate on the 27th and ending up at Cals that night.

Thanks, Afry. I'll keep it in mind, but I want to get farther south, so that would set me back a day.

My wife's family are going to be in Ensenada for Chrsitmas, so I am going riding. I am planning on leaving the 26th from Ensenada (trailering down) and would like to be back to Ensenada on the 31st. The return date is NOT a requirement if I am having too much fun.

I am thinking of slabbing it to Santo Tomas and then hitting the coast to Colonet to spend the night. Then slab it to El Rosario, where I will pick up the dirt to Catavina to spend the night. From there no real plans, other than I would like to make it the Bay of LA, or do the 200 miles from San Ignacio to Loreto off road.

I am open to ideas.

were you thinking of camping?

Dunno on the camping. I bought a Giant Loop Coyote bag to carry my bag, tent and sleeping pad. Still thinking about strapping my Kermit chair on top.

At this point I can see camping on the Pacific side, somewhere down around Guerrero Negro, and then at Bay of LA. But the reality is camping will only come into play if I am in the middle of nowhere and it gets dark.

My plan is to ride the coast to San Quintin, take the inland loop down to El Rosario. From there ride the coast to Guerrero Negro, then cut across to San Francisquito. North loop to Catavina to spend a day exploring that area. Then back north east to Valle T. Don't have a route to finish in Ensenada, but there are a few options.

I'm just leaving Pismo heading south to drop off RV and trailerSomewhere lol ..... Jumping on bike then and will be heading over border will try to me up all of you :)

My whole plan fell apart due to a radiator cap of all things. Never had one fail in my entire life!!! But I did end up doing some great rides. Trip report coming soon.