PbdBlue

Anza Borrego South - Sunday 12/13

Me and a couple of buddies are heading out for a spin on Sunday morning. Staging at the gas station in Ocotillo. Route undecided. Probably north up through Jojoba wash, Canyon Sin Nombre ..... Kick stands up around 9:00. Self sufficient (tools, tire repair, etc) riders welcome.

Lurking......... highly probable to be there.

After the ride, I'm going to the RoadRunner m/c 'Christmas Classic' pits out at Superstition/Poleline to see some friends before heading home.

I would have room for one more bike on my truck if anyone's interested.

PBD,

Hey, don't wear out those trails for us buddy! Looks like .48" of rain in Ranchita but a mere trace on the low ground. The wind may have helped smooth the trails.

Good Luck with the ride

Thanks. Been trying to hook up on one of your weekday rides but work is not cooperating. Tomorrow is about the only day I have free until after Christmas. Loop will probably be very similar to yours unless we decide to drop down the Diablo dropoff. It's a nice ride but I'm not wild about the section from the mouth of Fish Creek down to Painted Gorge:) Weather for tomorrow looks nice. BTW - have you been by the cave in Arroyo Tapiado recently? I was there a few months ago in the 4WD and it had caved in. Still accessible with a bit more effort.

post-286-0-87932000-1449935781_thumb.jpg

Randy,

" I'm no Cave Man " so did not investigate the interior. Last week it looked pretty much the same.

Just the opposite with me, hard to get away on the weekend. We will cook something up in January. Have fun.

Dave

P.S. Yeah agree, that track east and south from Fish Creek stinks. There is plenty to ride up on top of the mesa without facing the drop and the extended route it entails. That's why I split between North and South events. People climbing the drop just make it deteriorate more. The four wheelers dig holes creating steps on their climbs.

Absolutely! Planning on getting out of here around 6:30 but hitting a Christmas Party tonight so we'll see how that goes:) Check your PM's for my cell #

Running behind around here getting ready. Better plan on 9:00 - 9:30 for kickstands up.

Wildwood. If your coming to the race stop and say hi.

Corey and I are racing the 10 - 11 race then going for a fun ride. Your welcome to join us.

Black F150 parked by Veys banner. Were usually at the end of pit row.

Yellow RMZ #618s

Just a suggestions, as you exit Fish Creek, head north about a mile before you start heading east. This route has several fun washes and even some small sand dunes. It's much better that just taking the dirt road along the train tracks and you avoid the silt beds. Once you get to Corrizo gorge, make a right and head south.

Wildwood. If your coming to the race stop and say hi.

Corey and I are racing the 10 - 11 race then going for a fun ride. Your welcome to join us.

Black F150 parked by Veys banner. Were usually at the end of pit row.

Yellow RMZ #618s

Will do Ken, good luck tomorrow. I'll be getting out there later in the afternoon though.

The 'Christmas Classic' is the funnest race of the year. Love the course.

After the ride, I'm going to the RoadRunner m/c 'Christmas Classic' pits out at Superstition/Poleline to see some friends before heading home.

Wildwood - Still have room in your truck? I'd love to bum a ride at the park n ride.

Wildwood - Still have room in your truck? I'd love to bum a ride at the park n ride.

Yeah Bill, just me so far. I'll be there at around 7:15 to load you up.

Yeah Bill, just me so far. I'll be there at around 7:15 to load you up.

Great - I'll be there

Randy - Fun ride. Thanks for posting. Great group and perfect weather. No sign of recent rain.

Bill - Great to ride together again. Ended up with 6 riders - Wildwood, EastcountyKTM, BillP, myself and two non SDAR buddies. The usual route with a few twists. Ended up dropping down the Diablo dropoff and out Fish Creek. Went east a bit and cross country'd down to Carrizo avoiding the dreaded silt beds. Then on south and cut across through Painted Gorge miraculously missing all the whoops. Turned out to be a good route. No mishaps and a good time was had by all I think. Sorry but I don't think anyone took any pics. Bagstr - We left some sand for you to ride on Thursday!

Fantastic Day, Thanks for posting up Randy. The section out around the silt bed, hauling butt through the smooth rolling sand was a blast.

post-15028-0-89698500-1450107698_thumb.j

" We left some sand for you " The gesture is much appreciated.