Bagstr

City Navigator Reload - Proceedure

Team Garmin

So I made the investment to install 2014 City Navigator and 2012 Topo 100k in my Montana 600 via DVD. The unit currently is running 2005 and 2002 versions in addition to West 24k Topo.

My Question should you choose to advise, What is the best procedure to Uninstall the existing and Install new software. Running BaseCamp on a Mac OSX 10.11.1 . Is there an Uninstall procedure or just throw in the disc and hope the software does the thinking?

Thanks Support Team

Follow Up:

Looking at my Installed software on Garmin Express and the Updated version is City Nav 2014.30 and Topo 100k = v5 2012.

Mmmm, Have an email to Garmin as to whether there is any benefit to installing new DVD. I.E. Is the map data any different? Is the function of software different?

B

GPS City " If you opened the packaging, it is Not returnable " The packaging not the actual disc tape!

Well Duh.

After calls to GPS City and Garmin Support: In terms of mapping data, the v5 edition of 100k Topo has new and more data than the old 2002 copy.

The new edition may be Locked on one device where to old was not.

City Navigator on the other hand is, according to Support Guy, no different between the 2005 Disc updated online and a 2014 copy. After I hung up my feeble mind realized the Old Discs operate with Mapsource not BaseCamp! The Support Guy did not even bring this up when I asked him to define the benefit of upgrading.

The main reason I started down this path was to get the editing tools up and running on my Mac. I am going to go ahead and install the 2014 / 2012 discs and hopefully see improved function.

Here we go,,,

...  looking into CN2017.10 yet?

I just stuck in on my portable GPS's, mapsource (I don't like basecamp) and my Kenwood Navigation (4 in-dash stereos in my vehicles)

:rolleyes: