Goofy Footer

Mojave Tracks

Hi All,

1) I'm looking for Mojave Road tracks. (Then likely end of the Mojave Road to Vegas and/or Primm if possible).

2) I'm looking at options from Baker to Las Vegas. What are my options here and are there other tracks?

---The powerline road runs parallel and to the north of Hwy 15 and runs directly into Primm (blue line and then follow the powerline road via Green Arrows) then via Green Arrows along the CA/NV border to Sandy Valley then Goodsprings. Goodsprings to the 160 then into town. If I take this route, I would gas in Primm.

OR

---I can take the powerline to Excelsior Rd and head north via the Blue line below onto Kingston Road into Sandy Valley then Goodsprings. Goodsprings to the 160 then into town. If I take this route, I would gas in Baker and Goodsprings.

post-14322-0-33204400-1447898376_thumb.j

I've been 4 diffrent ways for baker to Vegas viv dirt Tim . Every year for labv we do the route . Gas can be the issue but vary doable .

Everything starts off the pole line out of baker and then branches to the noth. Fuel is staged in sandy valley buy truck

There isn't a gas station in Goodsprings. I'm working on the east side of 15 right now. There are a few powerline roads you can take from Primm to Goodsprings.

post-15644-0-88414600-1447901953_thumb.j

I've been 4 diffrent ways for baker to Vegas viv dirt Tim . Every year for labv we do the route . Gas can be the issue but vary doable .

Everything starts off the pole line out of baker and then branches to the noth. Fuel is staged in sandy valley buy truck

Does LA-B-V usually skip Primm? I guess since you have staged gas there are more options for the guys. Red Rock Canyon looks sweet - does the route always go through there?

There isn't a gas station in Goodsprings. I'm working on the east side of 15 right now. There are a few powerline roads you can take from Primm to Goodsprings.

Woa, thanks for clarification on No gas in Goodsprings. I read some wrong info somewhere.

The picture is great, thank you. While driving on the hwy, I've seen what appears to be a major powerline road paralleling the 15 on the west side before. I'm glad to see that you've mapped it out. I'll post a question for you in the main CA Trail Maps thread (not related to this topic).

Tim....

Happy to help.

My rides take us from Yermo, through Afton Canyon, up and over (North) to Baker for fuel... to PRIMM, and then into Vegas from the South end, between 15 and 95.

I've got GPS tracks for that, or re-route through red-rock-canyon as the pole line/service roads can get pretty beat up and rocky. In fact, we usually do them at night... and I vowed to never do the rocky way in ever again (especially because my headlight died on me one night, and it made the trek pretty tough).

My route miles (each stop has fuel);
Barstow to Yermo = 41.5 miles (the long way)
Yermo to Baker = 77 miles

Baker to PRIMM = 59 miles
PRIMM to South Vegas = 43 miles
S.Vegas to main drag = 14 miles (all pavement)

Let me know if you need it soon... I'm headed to the dez next week for a week. A much needed vacay!!

(route attached below)

post-14-0-67087000-1447910764_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

1) I'm looking for Mojave Road tracks. (Then likely end of the Mojave Road to Vegas and/or Primm if possible).

What's your fuel range look like?

JAT there are some cool sections of your trip. I hadn't thought to go east of the 15 from Primm and route into Vegas that way. I'll have to get that track from you sometime and scout it on Google Earth.

Daniel - fuel range 110? I'd rather be safe than sorry. Likely 120+

00yz250 - the update to CA Trail Map that includes Primm and some pave roads near Vegas is a huge help. I can't wait to see your product keep growing.

bboyle and I are headed from Barstow to Vegas tomorrow morning and returning on Tuesday. Depending how Monday night goes, Tuesday may be a Long day.. both bikes have BD squadron headlights if we get stuck in the dark. I will have my Spot http://whereamiriding.com/my-profile/userprofile/goofyfooter . I have Verizon and bboyle has AT&T I think? No clue as to coverage.

Ride options

-stop in Baker for gas and then head north via Excelsior Mine Road towards Goodsprings en route to Blue Diamond/160

-continue straight to Primm for gas then head northwest along stateline and cut over towards Goodsprings / Blue Diamond/160

Backup plans:

If something happens on the major powerline roads, we can return back to the truck and/or Baker

From Primm we can take a frontage road paralleling the 15 to the east that passes Jean en route to Vegas (slab)

from Sandy Valley we can take Pahrump Rd to the 160 and slab it into town

from Sandy Valley we can take Kingston Rd 53 into Goodsprings then into Jean and parallel the 15 on a frontage road into Vegas

Daniel - fuel range 110? I'd rather be safe than sorry. Likely 120+

Damn, this makes it a bit harder to plan. Are there any specific things you wanted to see in the Mojave National Preserve? Or do you need recommendations? Do you know where you would be entering the preserve?

I updated the map to include all major trails between California and Vegas. There will be a newer version tomorrow around 10am that will have more labels, pois and a few trails. I haven’t done any city streets in Vegas, yet. Just the highways. Some of the trails look like they end when they get near the city but they connect to residential streets.

I updated the map to include all major trails between California and Vegas. There will be a newer version tomorrow around 10am that will have more labels, pois and a few trails. I haven’t done any city streets in Vegas, yet. Just the highways. Some of the trails look like they end when they get near the city but they connect to residential streets.

I downloaded the update when I got home. Thank you!

It was cool seeing all the side trails on my Garmin while riding. I use your product in route planning and it's a great help to me.

post-14322-0-83471400-1449098583_thumb.j

I did another update. Everything to the east and south of Hwy 160 is solid. Coverage goes to Lake Mead. I still need to do the areas directly east and west of Vegas.

I did another update. Everything to the east and south of Hwy 160 is solid. Coverage goes to Lake Mead. I still need to do the areas directly east and west of Vegas.

Is there a way to tell what version of the map I have? Obviously I know there is an update based on your posts a few minutes ago, but otherwise when downloading from the website file names are the same, would be handy to have version number so could tell if/when updates are available.

The only real use of the version number is to verify that the map loaded on your GPS is the same as the map on your computer. I increment the numbers but I haven't been documenting the contents of each version. In BaseCamp the version is under "Maps\Manage Map Products". On your GPS, the version number is in the same screen that you select the map.

There is another update to the map available that includes more in Clark county. I added Red Rock Canyon, Humboldt-Toiyabe NF, Desert National Wildlife Refuge and tons of BLM land.