ktm-licious

Nov. 14 / ride from alpine to lark

There's a trials competition in Lark Sat. and Sunday

Would like to ride from Alpine to Lark through some sort of fire road.

Any one now a way?

I personally don't know but I do know that I have ridden with a couple of guys at McCain that rode all the way out there 99% offroad (lots dirt roads) from Chula Vista. So there is a way.

I thought about leaving from chula vista, but I probably won't make it back!

I heard the trails competition is lots of fun to look at, so the goal is to arrive on bike.

I'll go on google earth and research some routes.

Thanks

I stumbled upon one of the trials events a while back at McCain and of course ran into some locals I knew (Thomas and Tommy). I jumped right in and volunteered as a minder, it was super cool. It got very active at times catching and "saving" stray riders and bikes. The help was appreciated by the club (and the riders), they could focus more on scoring and less on bikes and rider safety. Plus I got to play on some of the sections with my enduro bike (low level marked sections). PS they do have a "big" bike class as well, so you could even sign up.

The best I could suggest from Alpine would be, Viejas Grade to Olde 80, To Pine Creek and Deer Meadow, then Sunrise to Thing Valley, then more olde 80 out. Better off to unload at Golden Acorn and pretend that you rode the whole way out there... that's what I'd do

Looks like a fun event to watch. Think I'll ride out. Wonder which is the better to day to watch?

It is a good event...ride from one obstacle to the other, checking out people with better skills- watch and learn

Thanks for the info KTM-licious. I always enjoy watching trials riders. I was on a 2 wheel ride tonight, but I didn't have an engine, so I was thinking about a ride tomorrow where I wouldn't have to pedal :) I have ridden my 400 there many times, always looking for dirt, but tomorrow I am thinking of a more casual ride on my street bike simply to enjoy the wander a little more.....and the increased speeds are nice too :) although I might not do just freeway. Maybe a 9:30 am departure from gillespie on the weestrom, 10:00 ish through descanso (wildwood / BillP?) up to sunrise hiway the back way, sunrise or kitchen, then down to 8, and a zip out to Lark. Or... gillespie, ramona, almost pine valley to pine hill, boulder, engineer, cuyamaca lake, sunrise, thing, 8 and east. All good. let me know if I should look for any SDAR folks on route. cheers.