carveacre\pancake rock: Got these pics off a jeep site

Up_Rock.jpg

Pancake_View2.jpg

Carve_Acre_Access.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

I might be able to ride Saturday, I'll let you know by Friday afternoon.

Last I heard Carveacre was closed. I wanted to ride there a few months back and bikeslut informed me there was a barrier of sort at the access.

If you head out there and it's open let me know, I'd like to ride it some time.

Just spoke with my 4x4 buddy. He said they did a run there last weekend. The top is closed due to a new home that was built, but the bottom is open on the paved road shown in the last photo. I think its lyons valley road.

Anway, its been that way for a couple years now. You just have to go up to pancake rock and come back down.

So who wants to go??

Carveacre is cool. I'm sure I've walked up that rock. It's probably doable, I've just never been willing to deal with the consequences of having my bike cartwheel down the rock... :lol:

I live a few miles from there and the entrance at Lyons Valley is open for your riding pleasure :D I'll kepp an eye peeled here and maybe join you for a quick trip up the hill :lol:

I live a few miles from there and the entrance at Lyons Valley is open for your riding pleasure :lol: I'll kepp an eye peeled here and maybe join you for a quick trip up the hill :D

Ok RO, just let me know. Like I said, I just wanna ride. If no one commits to this, I'm in for a 100 mile desert ride or anything in between too. :D No one seems to commit on this site until someone posts a time and place, so we'll see how it pans out. :lol:

Never saw "pancake rock"... if you guys go on a sunday, let me know. Right up the street from me

Yeah; last time I went by, it was blocked off, but that was the same time Bear Valley was closed, and for the same reason...

What is that body of water in the photo? Maybe Barret or Loveland?

That should be Lake Barret. There is no mystery to this rock. It’s just a big roomy piece of granite that we can park several Jeeps on while Freddy made the jeep club a pancake breakfast. Freddy was Swiss. Gone back to Europe last I heard. I wonder what he would think if he found out his annual pancake breakfast run has resulted in the naming of a piece of American topography. :angry: We (San Diego 4 Wheelers) still do a yearly pancake run there.

the lake is barret. Enough chitty chatty about the rock, any of you ladies wanna come ride with me ? :angry:

the lake is barret. Enough chitty chatty about the rock, any of you ladies wanna come ride with me ? :angry:

I have to get my nails done saturday... If you go Sunday, call me...

I have to get my nails done saturday... If you go Sunday, call me...

Ya, I'm down for a Sun ride as well, potentially Sat, but would have to make it a short day.

I'm in for Saturday morning. I'll do Carveacre with you and maybe a touch more as I need to be in Kearny Mesa at 1PM.

When and where do you want to meet?

Jon

Alright, you guys are awesome, now we just need a place to park near carveacre road.

I'm ok with riding there from my house. I am also open to suggestions for parking places near the trail. Please someone who knows the area give a suggestion as to a good place to park.

Alright, you guys are awesome, now we just need a place to park near carveacre road.

There's a huge dirt lot approximately 3.43 :angry: miles East of the entrance to Carvacre on Lyons Valley Rd. at the entrance to Barret Honor Camp.

What about a time?

There's a huge dirt lot approximately 3.43 :angry: miles East of the entrance to Carvacre on Lyons Valley Rd. at the entrance to Barret Honor Camp.

What about a time?

Ok, lets meet at that parking lot at 8:30 and we'll be on the trail about 9 then. The trail isn't really long, but its steep and snotty if I remember right.

If anyone isn't sure where to go, they can PM me and caravan out from my house in east SD.

And RO, if you can post up a google maps link to with a shot of the parking lot that would be cool so we can zoom out and see where it is.

trail head on lyons valley road (its the trail on the north of the road)

carveacre trail entrance

I believe this is the parking spot RO mentioned.

parking spot

Best way to get there is go take I8 to tavern road and then head down to japatul road east to lyons valley road. PM me if you need help getting there.

Trail head at 9am? :blink::huh: I could sleep in and play at that time. :ph34r:

anyone know if you can take barret truck trail and then NF-17504 over to morena stokes road to 4 corners? Looks like there is a road that goes from the parking spot over to CC \ four corners but not sure if the roads open to public.

If it is, I might take it over that way after Carveacre if I'm still all in one piece. :ph34r:

Brad, I'm in. I'm still geared for Baja, so I hope there's nothing vertical.

I have surgery next week so I'll be stuck off the bike for a while -- I'd like to get a final ride in!

sounds good. can you send me a tel number just incase i get lost finding the place. i have not been here before.

619-990-0843

Hey look its zina on her Hypermotard. :ph34r: Acutally I didn't know you had one of these but I just saw your sig. Looks like a sweet ride

051107bottom.jpg