Suspenders

Nov 11-Ride Day - Dial in day - Rider training day - Dual sport friend

My 8 year old told me he wants to give you guys a lesson in railing berms....

post-15155-0-38277900-1445743690_thumb.j

You can't Edit the Thread Title, but you and only you can edit the content of the 1st post.

Wave the cursor down in right corner near the "MultiQuote" button and the Edit button will appear like magic.

Edit: Me Wrong Again. You can edit the Title

Yes Kids are welcome and my son will be riding but he has not been on a track for a year or two.

I actually have a couple of Honda 50s if someone wants to teach a little one to ride. Carbs will need cleaning but free otherwise. Not sure I will have time to clean them.

By the way we are at 23 riders with majority of them SDAR members.

Keep them coming! Once we hit 30 then Austin will be more apt to make concessions for us.

Then next time maybe a weekend or maybe camping?

You can't Edit the Thread Title, but you and only you can edit the content of the 1st post.

Wave the cursor down in right corner near the "MultiQuote" button and the Edit button will appear like magic.

Oh contraire. You can edit the title of your own thread. Like Goofy already pointed out. Hit the "edit" button, then hit the "full edit" button...

I'm there with my CRF 450...

First time on a groomed track.

Could use help with sag & clicker.

And may i be able to turn a wrench for sombody if needed.

Sweet 350thumper.

Yes it definitely will be some diy.

Will add you to the list and that brings us to 27 riders and a couple maybe's

Mr. Suspenders,

Can you give us a bit of your insight into the sequence for proper suspension set-up? My limited understanding is that different bikes have optimum front and rear sag, based on bike geometry. Added to that there is a limit to how much you can use pre-load to adjust sag before changing springs. Do you agree with this? And if you do, would it be a good idea to figure out the springs needed before track day?

Mr. Bagstr

i-hzqn74k-L.jpg

Clickers, wow, really hard to develop a feel for the impact a few clicks makes.

Working hard to get myself to the track and make sense of fork height, front and rear compression / rebound.

Bagstr which spanner wrench is that one teeth look nice on it to grab the plastick collar, my old motion pro one won't grab the plastic collar.

Wow...cool....thanks for organizing this !!

What's the day/ date ?

The PDS bikes like a bit more sag than a linkage bike. The optimum compression on a spring is 0 to 12mm depending. The static sag rule is just to get you into the ballpark but spring compression is more important to performance. A heavy or light rider will not meet the static sag rule many times.

We are looking for about 1/3 of your travel used in rider sag. Again a ballpark. KTM pds desert racer likely around 115mm for track closer to 110mm etc. If your bike is shortened than keep to the 1/3 rule and then you test from there.

Example: Glen Helen maybe a bit more sag and or or bit more front end stiffness or height so on the brutal downhills you can keep your bike stable. Those whoops will kick the back end up in the air coming into a turn on the downhills.

Randy, If you want some input feel free to contact me. Or if you want to put up banner etc.

We are at 30 riders by the way. Bam!

I read the article and overall a nice overview. They seem to contradict themselves in regards to rear swapping/packing. How do you read this? My view is that if the rear end is packing (regardless of terrain) you would want to slightly increase compression damping and reduce (quicken) the rebound damping.

Sand conditions:

... The rear suspension will exhibit packing by swapping. To eliminate swapping begin adding compression (Turn clicker in) until the bike tracks straight and then add rebound (Turn clicker in) to keep the rear following the terrain of each whoop.

Excessive rear end kick:

Check for packing, which is identified by kick to side in hard to loam conditions. If you observe packing, soften rebound. (Turn clicker out.) This can not be avoided if you brake improperly and lock the rear wheel up and/or pull in the clutch, on the entrance to corners.

Remember though that the clickers are a bleed or faucet or ? A small straw sized orifice that you can open or close to get fine tuning done. Generally do not want to close any clicker tighter than 4 or 5 clicks from full in. Out is different and you can open all out for single track if you want but keeping in mind you may start over stroking and creating some of the issues mentioned above.

Got eye correction surgery yesterday so sorry for delay.

We have 30 riders Bam! Thanks guys.

I am attempting to hire Brayden Browning to help with adjusting sags and more for the day. This will allow me to do more trackside set up.

Jan Spinali will be BBQ master

I have a few people male & female ranging to 68 yrs old that are looking for some instruction so they can ride with youz guys in the near future. Any experienced riders have any training background. It is going to be a busy day for the Austin & Noah too likely as they may want to do a bit of riding and set up too.

Any help is welcome.

Any input as well. I was thinking about Asking Austin to prepare the intermediate track on the mellow side so we do not have the sharp edges on the jumps etc. Any opinion?

The big track is actually one of the safest tracks in San Diego county as most of the jumps are table tops. Easy to roll slow, clear or almost clear without an O' s#*t moment.

I have two riders that will be testing spring rates. If you want to get into testing springs please let me know so I can bring them for your weight and bike. And plan on helping but as most know springs can make a wholesale improvement.

What say you!

Thank you very much for taking the time to organize a test day. I'm looking forward to finally spending some time on tuning my suspension.

I would be glad to help out wherever I can.

My main interest is in the Enduro loop and enduroX areas. Moto tracks and off-road courses require significantly different suspension settings. I do plan to ride the tracks, but after playing and testing/tuning on the trails first.