Sign in to follow this  
Greenhorn

("No Ride" Report) Roadside Geology along Sunrise Highway 10/1

My Roadside Geology along Sunrise Highway ride came to a quick conclusion. Motorcycle had some kind of problem, would miss or load or something mid to high RPM's. Idle and idle rev'ing was fine but once I started down the road it would stumble. Might have been a stuck bowl, fuel starving... with one (on-off-res) configuration the carb would overflow. The petcocks (2) & fuel lines seem to function a little goofy. I was into riding and not road side repairs so I just came home.

I'm going to work on getting it sorted out and when I do I'm going to try the Roadside Geology along Sunrise Highway ride again.

Mixed weather on the way up, but once I got there the weather looked like it was going to be nice and there was a good fast burn off. Had some pictures to post of the burn off, but problem with posting them. Oh well.

On the positive side got home, had a little nap and then my wife made great lunch. Now going to relax and watch San Andreas movie. So tough morning, nice afternoon. :smile_anim:

Got the bike out today to see if I could figure out what the problem was and today there was no problem? I think is was probably a stuck float or a goofy petcock vacuum. I'm hoping try it again on... probably on the 31st early am.

That's the same organization that produced it, but that's a different thing. I ran across the Julian document looking at there wed page (SDAG) after I bought my book. Looks like it could be a fun ride, I think it was a field trip of theirs. On that note they have an interesting Field Trip planned for this year.

http://www.sandiegogeologists.org/Trip2015.html

`

I have a couple other rock and mineral books so I'm researching and looking for some other places to look.

Back to the book, here is the book, it's on the same SDAG page as the Julian doc but there is no direct link. Here it is on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Roadside-Geology-along-Sunrise-Highway/dp/0916251195

61b6r0TbJiL._SY374_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg