Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Crashes brand new sportbike in parking lot

Their are 2 types of riders. One's that have laid their bike down, and one's who will. Good to get that out of the way right off that bat.

Cold tires on a litre class sport bike do require care on throttle opening ;-)

Have had a few exciting moments myself leaving parking lots.

Most embarrassing moment ever was a 15 mph tip over in turn 3 at the Streets of Willow on the sighting lap at the start of a race in December. The bike behind me was Anthony Gobert followed by Aaron and Tommy Haydon who were out that weekend to get some preseason practice at the CCS races. Tip toeing on brand new tires and still fell down on the first left hand turn.

Was my first race as an Expert and I hadn't yet purchased tire warmers. You can bet I had them the next race weekend. OMG what a difference they do make :)

embarrassing for sure....mine was FZR1000 Yam in the MSF school, MSF instructor called on me as the example of how to do a particular drill because I had by far most riding experience. I made 2 corners and promptly fell down in front of God and everyone...

Cold tires on a litre class sport bike do require care on throttle opening ;-)

Was my first race as an Expert and I hadn't yet purchased tire warmers. You can bet I had them the next race weekend. OMG what a difference they do make :)

I never knew they made tire warmers but, then again, I've never been on an asphalt track either! :coolio:

Daryl: Your sighting lap is probably faster than my fastest time around Streets if you are riding with the likes of those guys...

Can't say that I could hang with those guys that well. I was a couple seconds a lap slower than Tommy, and Anthony set a lap record for the Streets that weekend. But I can say that at least I've never been lapped :-)