TdubLady

Rugged RH5R 2-Way Motorcycle UHF & VHF 5watt Radios Communication

They're running a Sand Sports special right now so i'm gonna get one. Will one of you lovely folks help me figure out programming? Or is there anything I need to know before I make the purchase?

Thanks

I can program it for you but my house may be a bit out of your ways. Too bad you didn't have it yesterday:)

It's pretty easy to punch in 146.505.

Anything more, you might want to get Randy's help.

I can program it for you but my house may be a bit out of your ways. Too bad you didn't have it yesterday:)

I'm in your area pretty regularly. I'll bring it by sometime if you don't mind. I could have my father-in-law drop it off/pick it up. He's just down the hill.

Rugged radios come pre programmed. If the freq you want to use is not one of them, you just punch in freq you want to communicate on.

I'm litterly right down the road from you and can program it in a few minutes, I live in Lakeside close to the 7-11 at Lake Jennings and Julian Ave.

My advice? Don't buy from Rugged Radios unless they're selling it for 30 dollars. You can get the same radio on Amazon for 30 dollar right now. You can get a radio with double the power for 60 dollars.

HAM guy here and owner of 3 UV-5R/BF-F8+ and 3 BF-888 radios along with a few hard mounted mobile units.

I'm litterly right down the road from you and can program it in a few minutes, I live in Lakeside close to the 7-11 at Lake Jennings and Julian Ave.

My advice? Don't buy from Rugged Radios unless they're selling it for 30 dollars. You can get the same radio on Amazon for 30 dollar right now. You can get a radio with double the power for 60 dollars.

HAM guy here and owner of 3 UV-5R/BF-F8+ and 3 BF-888 radios along with a few hard mounted mobile units.

It's the wiring kit for the helmet that's usually so expensive and on sale right now. The radio part ends up being only about $5. I'll post up once I have it.

I like carguy.

But cannot disagree enough with his recommendation.

Great guy! Some call him "Rooster".

Agreed ^^^ SPend the money one time and go either full SENA bluetooth setup or go with the Rugged wiring harness. The cheap units will always leave you wanting repeating yourself or asking others to repeat back to you. especially at speed.

With my SENA setup with my radio myself Shooby and Stoke have carried on a normal voice level conversation at 80+ MPH using our Baofengs.

They're both the exact same radio. That little metal faceplate doesn't make it any tougher I've handled and beat on both of them. You can't go wrong with either. You also have to watch buying the different "versions" as some of them have odd cases differences that make them hard to make work with accessories such as the larger batteries and what not.