SpaceCowboy

Aug 8 ride, near Fallbrook, short street section, mostly single track

Ok, new plan for this weekend. A morning trail ride around the Fallbrook area, San Marcos hills. Will be a short street stint, then into the fire roads and trails of the hills. Intermediate skill level. Will ride at slowest riders pace (or course). Meeting at 8am at intersection of 76 and 15. I know the area well, will lead a loop with gas/food stop half way through.

two bikes going for sure:

Plated wr400

Husky 350s

I can hardly wait for the weather to cool down, so we can get some more epic rides in ABDSP... I will be at Lark Sunday, I think. I know it's far from you, but... there ya go

Sounds within my range. Is that with the beginner-friendly group that is posted for this weekend? The tentative plan is to drive down and ride with bp619 at McCain on Saturday, spend the night, then meet up with you guys on Sunday for more riding.

Sounds within my range. Is that with the beginner-friendly group that is posted for this weekend? The tentative plan is to drive down and ride with bp619 at McCain on Saturday, spend the night, then meet up with you guys on Sunday for more riding.

it was just going to be me. I have a show Saturday night, otherwise I would be down for camping too. Haven't been out there in a while, and I'll bet the weather is perfect.

Sounds like fun anyone else willing to join for Saturday riding

I am not sure I am intermediate level rider yet.. But might be in for ride.

Any idea on estimated length or ride? Last time a "3 hour" ride (Big Bear) turned into about 8, wife wasn't too thrilled when I arrived home :P

At this point, I am a maybe.

Matt

G450X

Truman will probably elaborate more but I know we talked about 3 plus hours and I think most trails will be fine for you but we also talked about exploring around aND doing a couple technical off trails maybe if your not comfortable you can bypass.

Brian (bp619) hit the nail on the head. It will be more of an exploration ride (although I know the area quite well). There will be some technical parts, but nothing extreme. If anyone's not comfortable, there are bypasses. Come along, it may turn into a 4 hour, 5 at the latest. But the half way point there is a quick way back if the ride is going slower than planned. Honestly, though, I'd've surprised at 4 hours. If you're good with big bear riding, this should be fine.

Truman, Big Bear was 8 hours of riding in the rain. I am still having flashbacks from parts of it!

LOL

Any chance you have a route map, always like to see where we might be going.

75% likely right now.. Time to get supplies out so I can prep her tomorrow after work :D

Matt

Im gonna try and make this ride. I live in Escondido and only place I know to ride close is Deer Springs. Im excited to learn some new trails! You meeting at gas station by 15 & 76?

Yep, meeting at that intersection. There's a good parking lot there. This will be close to deer springs, we will start on the opposite side of the mountain, and ride over to deer springs, then ride back on some other trails. I meant to make a map just haven't had too much time these couple days between work and family

Ah man I wish I could make this one. I tried to get out there a few weeks ago but went out to Anza. I'd be interested in any GPS tracks and anyone is running a gps. Or if spacecowboy comes up with a map, that would be cool too. Have a fun ride!!

What is the distance between meeting place and the next gas station? Still learning bike, has a 1.8gal tank is all, ran out if gas in Big Bear with it...

Robatk ill be using my gps so ill send you tracks after ride

Schiller you should be fine I think Truman aka spacecowboy only has a hair above 2 gallons and a 70 mile range when we talked he said maybe 40 miles total anyways

Great ride, guys! My neck and head are killing me from that acrobatic stunt right in the beginning, but I'm stoked for another soon! I'll post a quick ride report shortly

Great ride, guys! My neck and head are killing me from that acrobatic stunt right in the beginning, but I'm stoked for another soon! I'll post a quick ride report shortly

Good time for sure. Might have to change your name to "TheFlyingCowboy" haha!

Haha nice nickname that was super hilarious from where I was sitting Truman but glad you were ok, ur young ull survive

Thanks for the ride guys! Thanks for the tips and help. Definitely need to spend a LOT more time in the saddle before going out with you again though.

Wife was happy I bailed early, got to work on babies room a bit more than had planned :)

Thanks for intro to that area. I think I will be able to head over and play around now that I know about it.

Matt

P.S. Glad FlyingCowboy didn't get hurt, was almost a "Watch this" kinda moment...

Thanks for coming out, Schiller. It was fun having you while you lasted. Practice really is the only way to get better.

RR posted!

I, too, am glad to be relatively ok. A sore neck is a whole lot better than a broken neck. Was definitely a more guts than skill moment.

I, for one, really appreciated you stepping up and being the first to take a proper digger. Somebody had to do it. That opened the door for everyone else to fall without fear of insult or embarrassment! You're a team player my friend, much appreciated.

Can't wait to get out and ride with everyone again! That was a great ride for me to figure out my new baseline as far as my (and my bike's) ability.

Also, I could barely walk the next day. Maybe a hair under 4 hours would be better for me next time, haha!

Thanks guys!