ctoogood

ANYONE want to ride Baja this weekend 1 or 2 nights?... July 25th

I know it might be warm but after this rain the trails will be FUN. I was thinking Tecate to Coyote Cals then home OR another night further down the coast or MSR?? Im open for ideas...

The problem for me is I need someone to LEAD .... Ive been 4-5 times, but I dont have tracks in a GPS so I dont feel confident enough to lead.

Im on a 500 exc (all tuned and ready) and Im an avearge rider....

Let me know....

cell 619-865-3334

Cheers, Chris

Oh man, I wish I could do this but kinda short notice for me...I'm off Saturday but work Sunday afternoon.

I can moto this weekend, I'm plenty familiar with trails. I'm free Friday Saturday and Sunday. Brian

Sounds like a fun ride! What would it cost to take on a ride like this? More or less.

Depends..... we usually share rooms. Coyote Cals is cheap.... Like $35 for sleeping AND dinner... other places are similar or maybe $40-50. Mikes Sky Rancho is $75 a person no matter what. (dinner and breakfast included) Most expensive stop BUT a must do if you've never been.

Plus Beer and fuel.... tacos for lunch.

Ummm I think $100 a day is fair. I spend more if there's a fun crowd at the bar....

Ive been hooked ever since the first time I rode 120 miles without seeing anyone except a rancher serving fuel and ice cold beer in the middle... LOVE MEXICO!!!

I can moto this weekend, I'm plenty familiar with trails. I'm free Friday Saturday and Sunday. Brian

GREAT!!!! I cant wait.... I'll know by the end of tomorrow if I can leave FRIDAY.

I have a wedding rehearsal on Sunday. Friday and Saturday might be possible and easier to sell to the wife since the wedding rehearsal is something she forced on me :D

I've recently gone down the compadre to Ojos Negros. I've been to Mike's and Laguna Hanson but that was 30+ years ago with my parents. Been to San Felipe multiple times also. The farthest down I've been on the west side is La Bufadora.

I miss going down to Mexico and really enjoy being down there! Being fluent helps a lot. I still have 200 pesos in my wallet and Pemex red in my tank from a few weeks ago haha!

Oh man, I wish I could do this but kinda short notice for me...I'm off Saturday but work Sunday afternoon.

Now we are leaving Friday morning at 7am if that helps?? .... you can solo home Saturday afternoon....

I have a wedding rehearsal on Sunday. Friday and Saturday might be possible and easier to sell to the wife since the wedding rehearsal is something she forced on me :D

I've recently gone down the compadre to Ojos Negros. I've been to Mike's and Laguna Hanson but that was 30+ years ago with my parents. Been to San Felipe multiple times also. The farthest down I've been on the west side is La Bufadora.

I miss going down to Mexico and really enjoy being down there! Being fluent helps a lot. I still have 200 pesos in my wallet and Pemex red in my tank from a few weeks ago haha!

This could work perfect for you then... We just decided to leave Friday morning at Tecate at 7am.... You could solo home Saturday afternoon. (Or if we are tired go as a group anyway)

Not really sure if everyone sees the "quotes" on these forums? BUT the UPDATE news to this trip is we are planning to now leave on FRIDAY the 24th at 7am. Tecate boarder.... Then its still open to discussion, but heading thru Ojos Negros to the coast is my first pick. There is NOTHING like riding on an empty beach, virgin sand with a cool Ocean breeze!!

Now we are leaving Friday morning at 7am if that helps?? .... you can solo home Saturday afternoon....

I also work Friday....have a good time and be safe!

It was a great ride!! I promise to get a little ride report out on this thread, with some pictures, and talk about our route. I just have to deal with a family member passing away so it will be a week....

Cheers, Chris