KTMrad

Sad News - 2 Riders Killed at Laguna Seca

During the start of the 1000cc race on Sunday, there was a multi bike accident at the start of the race....2 riders didn't make it....very sad news.

Godspeed.

I can't post a link on my phone.

turn 1 top of the hill, correct? wow. ugly. RIP

that looks like it is on the front straight, even before turn 1... lots of bikes stacked up; was this at the start of the race?

Sorry... didn't look at the links if the info is already there

RIP

Very sad.....the speeds have gotten so fast that watching superbike and motogp just makes your jaw drop. Very dangerous business.

It was right after the start where they were all in a pack and accelerating hard on the gas

I wasn't recording the race, so didn't see what precipitated the crashes, just the collection of bikes hitting the runoff area to the right of the track.

Gets tight on the line to turn one sometimes and I wonder if someone's front brake lever didn't get clipped by another bike. Whatever happened my heart goes out to the riders and their families.

We know the risk racing, but you never really think it's you that's going to take the fall.

My good friend and best man Mike Baker died at Willow Springs 15 years ago this coming August a week after my wedding. We talked about it as most racers do, you know it's risky, but if it's going to happen you'd rather it be doing something you love - I'm sure it was the same for these guys.

Still, doesn't make it any easier on their families.

RIP

turn 1 wow right at the start, remember turn 1 is that little over the hill slight left before turn 2 down hill hairpin , they never made it that far.....too many bikes crowded into too small a space.