TexasDualler

Treated myself to a new KTM 300 XC-W

So after a 9 month deployment with many trials and tribulations, I decided to treat myself to a brand spanking new 2015 KTM 300 XC-W. It's got one of those simple little 2 stroke motors that only needs to stroke half as much as my other bike and I'm told it has "adjustable" suspension. I'm still reading through the owner's manual to figure out what to do with that. Oh and I plated it for street use (obviously not going to use it on the street much but it's nice to have).

post-15582-0-27946100-1435896924_thumb.j

post-15582-0-17950400-1435896961_thumb.j

post-15582-0-82612400-1435897018_thumb.j

But seriously though I'm pretty stoked about it and excited to be back stateside and start riding again. I hope to see some you guys out there again before long.

I had a 2010 300 xcw loved it what a beast you'll be happy just tweak the power valve to your liking. Awesome looking bike

Very nice...the plate is handy for AbDSP, and assorted other little treasures (border road, sacatone overlook, etc)

That bike is the all time best single track bike made in my opinion, dependable, light and plenty of power. Congrats on the bike.

• remind me to show you where you can bash the Hell out of that pipe, and scratch up the plastics

Instead of a noob ride its a bikeslut first ride break in your bike ride, with a damage waiver needed

I think weighs somewhere around 230-240lbs. It feels light as a feather compared to my other bike (that weighs 310+) and I can actually throw it into the back of my truck without killing my back!

The KTM 300 is a good bike, my wife rides a 2009 300 XC-W. If you ever want the subframe destroyed, let my son ride it at the track.

Gotta love Texas. A plated two stroke with no turn signals, mirrors, horn or brake lights. Plus you could open carry an AR15 with a silencer for the rattlesnakes.

Man I hate living in the PRC (People's Republic of California)!

Ya its a sweet bike.

It ads that premix smell to the trails. And idles sweet just like a two stroke shud.

Every one was leaving the park today and he was like "I think im gonna stay and ride some more.".

Hey, first of all - thanks for your service. A 9 month deployment full of 'trials and tribulations' is not only worth a THANK YOU from every American in our country, but its also worth a brand new orange 2 smoker - NO DOUBT. Good on you for the purchase. If every recruiter in the Armed Forces could promise any enlisted man a bike of their choice upon returning from a deployment ... well, you'd probably have to turn people away! What a great way to come back home ... throw a leg over your bike, get out on the trails, smell the sweet pre-mix burn and hit the infamous powerband of a 2 stroke. Love it.

Second, have a blast and ride safe.

Third, I'm pretty damn jealous you Americans out there in Texas can plate the 2 smoker. That is really, really cool.

I didn't see the gun rack in the KTM Powerparts catalog. I'll have to look through it again.

Sweet looking single track weapon. Thank you