TexasDualler

Treated myself to a new KTM 300 XC-W

Thank you for your service. If you ever want to race my 1997 250sx, come out to the dez! After watching a few vids I would suggest turning your rebound and comp in a few clicks (harder) on your forks. My bike isn't super comfortable to cruise around on, but when I get into some problems it rarely gets squirrely on me or tries to buck me off. Stock adjustment values are in the manual if you forget. Did you set your rear shock sag? This gets you in tune with where your at with your rear spring preload. Did you compare stock jetting to what is recommended for where you ride? My stock jetting was lean on the main and needle clip pos.

post-15946-0-72540200-1436903252_thumb.j

That's a pretty cool lookin' bike. I messed around with the suspension settings a little. I'm still trying to figure it all out. This is the first bike I've ever had that has adjustable suspension. I still need to adjust the sag and possibly get it re-sprung if nessary. Also still need to get the carb jetting and needle position right too. Still have a lot of work to do I guess haha.

Thank you for your service!! Get in touch and for 9 months of service you get springs at cost!

I may double the rest of the costs but that is what I do to all the guys on this forum. :lmaosmiley:

Seriously call and or drop by on the way out to ride as I am in Alpine, we will set your sag. And for real springs will be at my cost. Least we can do!

You can mount a gun rack to anything in Texas. I am heading to Austin on Sunday, so I'll keep my eyes out for one. ;-)