bikeslut

another 350 thumper n00b extravaganza

had a fun time riding

with everybody. Hope everybody had a fun time and sorry for getting the flat tire and hitting a rock that I did not see. Thanks Bob for the tube and everybody that help me change it Bob I owe you a new tub. had a fun time with everybody afterwards even learned some new things about GPS and navigation. I will set up a new noob ride in Ramona here shortly look for it around Monday or Tuesday and try to plan on making it.sorry can't remember your name but you were on the klr650 Thanks for riding sweep. sometimes not the funnest job in the world but always worth it to get new people out riding with each other.see you all soon and remember you never know what can happen on any Sunday!!!!!

Oh yeah...serious props to the guy on the KLR650 (ninjarider) for riding sweep...hot, and dusty....hey Craig; any tips for cooling down on a hot day? discharged co2 canisters perhaps?

some pics at the end of the Eagle Peak Road I don't know about everybody else but I had a fun time and felt like I was flying like an eagle lol thank God there was no rocks or I might of had two flat tires

post-15744-0-95913100-1435541438_thumb.j

post-15744-0-75921900-1435541486_thumb.j

post-15744-0-75589800-1435541555_thumb.j

post-15744-0-71538700-1435541582_thumb.j

post-15744-0-47075900-1435541642_thumb.j

post-15744-0-28200400-1435541666_thumb.j

I suppose it was some of you guys that Jeff and I passed by, out on Pine Creek road. :huh:

this is Daniel seeing if traction control really works on a BMW I think he had to turn it off to get that big of a roost

post-15744-0-27842700-1435541903_thumb.j

post-15744-0-98912800-1435541943_thumb.j

Then SOMEBODY got a flat...a flat...on a n00b ride...sheesh

no surprise I crashed on the last one and hurt my knee. so leave it to me to get a flat tire on the next one. and then buy tools and not bring it and then get a flat tire my bad sorry Bob. I guess just wanted to kinda see what kind of tools everybody brings with them lol. And Bob I never saw you pass me if you did you were going way too fast or i wasn't paying attention lol. had fun riding with you Bob as usual. thanks for the tube and i owe u one!!!

nah couldn't really think of anything oh wait yeah an empty co2 canister down the back your pants thanks Bob now I have a new way of getting cool when I'm out on the trail and get a flat tire lol

Great riding with ya'll today. Thanks for all the hard work getting those pictures. It's rare for me to get a shot of myself as on most group rides I do on road I'm usually the one zooming ahead to take pics of everyone as they go by. I'm very much appreciatve. :D I didn't get any shots today. The ones I took didn't come out at all. Dang phone :/

I suppose it was some of you guys that Jeff and I passed by, out on Pine Creek road. :huh:

And you didn't stop to say hello. Was that the Brutale you were on? We all did a double take when you went by.

And you didn't stop to say hello. Was that the Brutale you were on? We all did a double take when you went by.

Yes, that was the Brutale. And the other bike was a Rivale 800. Nothing quite like a little adventure riding on an Italian sport bike. They worked pretty good, all things considered. B)

Yes, that was the Brutale. And the other bike was a Rivale 800. Nothing quite like a little adventure riding on an Italian sport bike. They worked pretty good, all things considered. B)
You must of had a nice ride? Our ride was a lot of fun with some adventure thrown in. Not only did On Any Sunday get the flat ( and a bent rim ), but 350 Thumper lost use of his kick start.

Our ride took us some 200 miles. We started in north county, went down to highway 94, up Buckman Springs road, gas stop in Pine Valley (where we decided to take Pine Creek road for the next leg), up Pine Creek to Sunrise, into Julian, out Wynola road, lunch at Santa Ysabel, over Palomar mountain, through Valley center, past Lake Henshaw, and finally home. :)

Our ride took us some 200 miles. We started in north county, went down to highway 94, up Buckman Springs road, gas stop in Pine Valley (where we decided to take Pine Creek road for the next leg), up Pine Creek to Sunrise, into Julian, out Wynola road, lunch at Santa Ysabel, over Palomar mountain, through Valley center, past Lake Henshaw, and finally home. :)

Sounds awesome. It was a good day to ride.

You guys made it an awesome ride . Thanks for.helping me get back in the groove again.

Thanks bike slut for the great photos , ninja guy for riding sweep that was aa huge relief .

Onanysunday great job leading..

I got busted doing a wheelie by the gf.. and riding thru ruts doing a one hander... :).

I assured her its safer to relax alittle while riding.

Those smooth roads sure are fun.

Thanks again everyone that made it .

Bikeslut.. I thought you were pulling over to get more pics

Group met up @ Carl's Jr...I brought my worn cell phone and forgot my "street legal" mirror. so I ran ahead, and took some pics.

bitchin pics - nice work brother! had a blast with you guys on Sunday - really cool to finally meet a lot of you

can't wait for the next one

- troy

Good ride....good group....good meeting you all.

Nice to see some other big bikes out there !

It was my 3rd time in the dirt on the GS and I'm getting a lot more comfortable on her....she'll do.

You guys get a lot of flats. How many were pinched tubes and how many of those were heavy duty tubes ?

My front was a pinch going on deer park road @ a brisk pace...the rear was a torn stem as I jumped on the pavement...rim lock slipped....onanysunday got a HUGE tear from a pinch. he was moving at a good clip too, and the dust prevented good sightlines.

front pinch, a brisk pace... a torn stem, jumped the pavement...rim lock slipped....HUGE tear. moving at a good clip, dust prevented sightlines.

And this was a noob ride....?

:lmaosmiley:

Rigger- like all n00b rides...the terrain was pretty easy...pace was sorted out pretty well after the first two stops...so, I would pull over and take pictures as the group passed, then catch up to the ones I could and take more pics. A couple of the fastest guys are conspicuously absent in the action pics