Yeti

Got me a new ride! 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure

My first ride after my neck surgery was to bring this beauty home yesterday! 17,400 miles. The previous owner did everything to it except the suspension and exhaust. I've got a set of "S" model suspension on its way to me so now I just need slip ons (and taller side and center stands.) She is way too clean and will not remain this way for long, I've already got two trips to Baja planned...

6scMgU.jpg

eJa3zt.jpg

83Zlqv.jpg

DmtcD8.jpg

3t10vy.jpg

kxYiTO.jpg

Nice. You are going to love it.

Side stand relocator should be high on your list of upgrades. The stories of cracking cases are true.

Grats! Just bought my second 990, a 2007. Not nearly so clean. Lol

There's a single Akro on adv. Buy a 2 into 1 and the Akro and then you have room for a spare tank or tool storage.

Congrats- reach out to some of the self-professed ktm geeks on "must-do" mods. Sidestand relocated is one

What a beaut.

I have an extra side stand re-locator (BDCW or Weld86, can't recall which) that I should've left with you the other day.

Let's ride, buddy.

What a beaut.

I have an extra side stand re-locator (BDCW or Weld86, can't recall which) that I should've left with you the other day.

Let's ride, buddy.

Side stand relocator should be high on your list of upgrades. The stories of cracking cases are true.

It's already got the CJ Designs side stand relocator on it. This guy did EVERYTHING except the suspension. It's got the upgraded water pump and clutch slave, side stand relocator, skind plate, LED lights (BD Squadrons!!), Fuzebloc, etc.

AND, I have a set of S suspension (forks and shock) on their way to me too! Going to have Georga go through them, but Superplush set them up for a 220 pound rider so they're already set up for me!!

There's a single Akro on adv. Buy a 2 into 1 and the Akro and then you have room for a spare tank or tool storage.

I have thought about doing that. I've heard opposing views on the 2-into-1. Some people say it kills the engine, others say it improves it. I dunno. I guess if a 2-1 set up came available, I'd have to jump on it.

What a beaut.

Let's ride, buddy.

It's already got the CJ Designs side stand relocator on it. This guy did EVERYTHING except the suspension. It's got the upgraded water pump and clutch slave, side stand relocator, skind plate, LED lights (BD Squadrons!!), Fuzebloc, etc.

AND, I have a set of S suspension (forks and shock) on their way to me too! Going to have Georga go through them, but Superplush set them up for a 220 pound rider so they're already set up for me!!

I have thought about doing that. I've heard opposing views on the 2-into-1. Some people say it kills the engine, others say it improves it. I dunno. I guess if a 2-1 set up came available, I'd have to jump on it.

my bike came with a 2-1 titanium Remus setup. I like it. It's way more subdued than the dual akras on my last 990. It also came with an aux fuel tank in that spot. Oh, and Safari tanks. Doubt I will need to fill it up anytime soon. Haha

Welcome to the big bike club...Nice bike!

One of these comes in really handy from keeping your heavy bike's side stand from sinking in the dirt.

post-15604-0-46191300-1435506468.jpg

I put the 2-1 on mine and didn't notice a difference.

Congrats on new bike I just installed the rottweiler intake with advmachines jetting on my 950 and holy ---- wakes the bike up like crazy what a beast, plus for me in dual sport and desert riding in 1000 miles already due for new paper airfilter and at the cost of them the new cleanable foam filter is gonna pay for itself in a year, plus super easy to take off.

I will definitely be looking for a 2-1. I could certainly use the extra gas.

A wide side stand foot is on its way to me already!

That akra can on adv is a great deal.

I can't find it. It's in the Flea Market, right?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1071485

I have the OC flea market sticky in my favorites. It's s handy tool. Not everyone uses it but those that do usually put up pretty good deals.

Thanks for the link, I saw that a while ago. It's now pretty buried. Maybe he'll take a lower amount . . .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1071485

I have the OC flea market sticky in my favorites. It's s handy tool. Not everyone uses it but those that do usually put up pretty good deals.

Thanks for the link, I saw that a while ago. It's now pretty buried. Maybe he'll take a lower amount . . .

I bet he would. GL

I know nada about big bikes, but ask Randy about mud and the advantage of a higher front fender.

I know nada about big bikes, but ask Randy about mud and the advantage of a higher front fender.

Coincidentally, I bought a high fender for it yesterday. Should arrive tomorrow.

The S suspension arrives today and goes out to George for a tune-up!! Cannot wait.

This past weekend, I had a few minutes between birthday parties and beach volleyball tournaments. So I put the P3 lights on:

P60cej.jpg

Got a new seat to keep my ass happy:

cxoiY5.jpg

And started stripping her down to change a few things and install a few things:

GeEe4w.jpg

Box o' Goodies:

pUjkKH.jpg

I'm happy to see someone else has the same addiction to outfitting bikes.

At least I'll have company in rehab.

If anyone ever tells you they didn't see your brake lights with the P3's on there, they're lyin'.

I'm happy to see someone else has the same addiction to outfitting bikes.

At least I'll have company in rehab.

If anyone ever tells you they didn't see your brake lights with the P3's on there, they're lyin'.

Yup! Those suckers are BRIGHT. Have 'em on my GSA too.

Did a little looking on that single Akro pipe for sale on ADV. It does not have a spark arrestor and I cannot find one available on-line anywhere. Not going to ride without a spark arrestor. Hmmmnnnn...

The guy who bought my old 990 with akras used fmf quiet inserts in them. Not sure if the bend is the same but it should work.

My akropovic cans have these in http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002OPRCAU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1435696638&sr=8-3π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=fmf+spark+arrestor&dpPl=1&dpID=31KcOunZGEL&ref=plSrch

came with them when I bought bike but I also saw a thread on advrider or a youtube video can't remember where someone showed you how to do it but they basically slide right in with little sanding.