Dan Diego

Garmin Zumo 660 on Groupon for $379 (with lifetime maps)

You guys and gals see this deal?

I've owned the Garmin Zumo 660 (motorcycle specific) GPS for the last few years. I love it.

Group in is now offering this $680 unit for $379 delivered. And it comes with lifetime maps!

I'll be buying this and selling my old one on Craigslist.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-garmin-zumo-660-motorcycle-gps-with-lifetime-map-updates

It sure does. Just completed the AZBDR using this unit. Going up on eBay today for $325.

Best offer from SDAR peeps.

I have the box and all accessories.

post-14554-0-39145100-1434556678_thumb.j

It sure does. Just completed the AZBDR using this unit......................

That's great news!!

Can't stand that all the NUVIs don't allow it.

My vehicles Kenwood systems are all NUVI based software, and it's frustrating... for people like me, who LOVE tracks!

Good luck on your sale, and thanks for the heads up.

Now, I just need to buy a road bike for the GPS purchase. ;)

I have the mounts on my road bike and DS so I just swap the unit between the bikes. This Zumo works very well for both.

I know a lot of folks prefer the 276, but the Zumo has done really well for me.

This app will convert a gpx file to a transparent Garmin map that can be displayed on top of your base map. It's a work around to the inability to upload tracks.

http://www.gpx2img.com/

I'm not sure if you can load maps onto the Kenwood version of the Garmin gps.

This app will convert a gpx file to a transparent Garmin map that can be displayed on top of your base map. It's a work around to the inability to upload tracks.

DD said there is no problem uploading tracks directly...or am I missing something here?

I loaded the AZBDR tracks directly, but could only use a few at a time (10?).

I understand that's a common issue with many GPS units: They'll all load but you have to use only a few at a time (if that makes sense).

And the GPS gurus opine?

I do know that you can load custom maps (Google maps, etc.).

I don't know anything about the Kenwood version of the Zumo.

That's great software, and I use it in a pinch...

But, I noticed the tracks turn all one color. Not good for how I use tracks... red is bad, yellow passable, green the fast line. Or, I alternate colors for stop points or chase truck meetups. I've seen guys ask "which way" and I yell... follow the cyan line. If they followed magenta, they'd be going backwards on our trek. So, an all one color track isn't the best option when having multiple paths in one place or area.

EDIT: I think I just saw how to change track properties. That helps tremendously! You CAN change track color (somewhat limited) and line type. Very cool.

Also, it seems the option to use "blank overview map" makes the 'img' transparent and the GPS detailed maps visible (if you upload both 'img' files, using your core mapping and the gpx2img you just created). Is that correct?

You are correct, track colors can be changed. Along with a whole lot of other cool features.

I found this helpful when traveling on light-colored roads or trails.