Socaldualer

Nate Harrison Grade good for newby wife?

wasnt sure where to post this.

Need an easy mellow ride for my newby wife-CRF 250L-fun but porky and looking to get her on a trail that will put a smile on her face at the end of the ride.

NHG a good candidate?

Thanks!

Pretty easy road. I saw a guy on a Goldwing with his wife on the back driving down it, one time.

Pretty easy road. I saw a guy on a Goldwing with his wife on the back driving down it, one time.

Ha ha! Wow-well i guess that answers that question!

Thanks Dirt Dame!

Depending on where you want to go in from, Palomar Divide is a great newbie road. Has some paved sections, nothing too gnarly as far as overlooks or turnouts, etc. A couple times ago when I was up there I passed a Toyota Sienna towing a Uhaul trailer, so I think a 250L would have a blast on it without getting overwhelmed.

Depending on where you want to go in from, Palomar Divide is a great newbie road. Has some paved sections, nothing too gnarly as far as overlooks or turnouts, etc. A couple times ago when I was up there I passed a Toyota Sienna towing a Uhaul trailer, so I think a 250L would have a blast on it without getting overwhelmed.

Toyota siennas and gold wings-this has homerun written all over it!

Thanks!

As I remember Palomar Divide and Nate Harrison don't connect- if you were thinking about that.

I think Harrison is easier and more scenic than Divide.

Black Canyon road in Ramona would be a good selection for a first ride as well.

From the Palomar area, either from Divide or Harrison or both.... you might treat her to a cruise out to Indian Flats campground for a snack and a cold one while sitting under the oaks. Short ride to get there and the road out there can offer a feeling of exploration and remoteness, and if you both feel comfortable, you can wander North from there for a slightly more challenging dirt experience, but still quite manageable. Enjoy.

Thanks to all with the great ideas-really appreciate it!

Took her up to big bear last weekend and rode around the Fawnskin/North side of lake/Holcomb Campground-wow really fun and perfect wide open fire roads for her and a few fun technical roads for me.

Home run for the wife! Highly recommend it to anyone else is in my situation. Stopped in town and had lunch. She was stoked.

Made the mistake of letting her ride my bike....now she wants one!...

After growing up so long riding wide open deserts and seeing brown on brown it was nice to ride amongst the trees!

Fun but porky?

perhaps i should clarify-bike not the wife-although she is fun-not porky.. er..the bike is fun and porky.. oh god i hope she dosent see this...

Took her up to big bear last weekend and rode around the Fawnskin/North side of lake/Holcomb Campground-wow really fun and perfect wide open fire roads for her and a few fun technical roads for me.

Home run for the wife! Highly recommend it to anyone else is in my situation. Stopped in town and had lunch. She was stoked.

After growing up so long riding wide open deserts and seeing brown on brown it was nice to ride amongst the trees!

You doing this ride on the this coming weekend, I am looking for a nice easy ride to take the wife and her friend on. We might do the noob ride but looks like that is getting pretty full and not sure about the trail and speed they will want to go. My wife is nursing a hand injury and just want to get her back out for a slow paced fun ride.

Nate Harrison is cake Just rode up there on Sunday. Looks like they recently graded it. Where are you located? I can get you from Lakeside/El Cajon up Nate Harrison on mostly dirt.

You doing this ride on the this coming weekend, I am looking for a nice easy ride to take the wife and her friend on. We might do the noob ride but looks like that is getting pretty full and not sure about the trail and speed they will want to go. My wife is nursing a hand injury and just want to get her back out for a slow paced fun ride.

Not going again until later this month-booked a spot at Serrano Campground.

This is a fun mellow area for the wifey/newb. Wide open fire roads (3N16 -3N14 mainly) Some fun technical off shoots and some trails have skill level markers.

I highly recommend buying the Franco Map for this area-google Franco Maps and buy it for the Big Bear & Lake Arrownhead trail map-very accurate and easy to navigate.

I came up the 18 and turn left at Fawnskin on the 38-i parked my truck on Van Dusen Canyon Road in front of some homes and headed up that road-you can take it a few miles up to Holcomb Campground and just tool around all back in that area-again the Franco Map is great and it didnt take long to orient myself.

Watch out for Jeep dudes-they fly around so look ahead for dust clouds-stick to your side and just be aware. Saw about 10 motos the whole day. Its not Canandian Forest lush but its a nice change from the deserts im used to riding and nice and cool!

Enjoy!

Nate Harrison is cake Just rode up there on Sunday. Looks like they recently graded it. Where are you located? I can get you from Lakeside/El Cajon up Nate Harrison on mostly dirt.

Thanks Downs-appreciate it-honestly though wife and i kinda fell in love with the big bear area this last weekend-booked a campground-we are going back to further explore the area.

Inland SD area is definitely on our list though-hopefully getting my wife to the point where NHG will be a snorefest for her-trying to get her on some slighlty more technical stuff.

Not going again until later this month-booked a spot at Serrano Campground.

This is a fun mellow area for the wifey/newb. Wide open fire roads (3N16 -3N14 mainly) Some fun technical off shoots and some trails have skill level markers.

I highly recommend buying the Franco Map for this area-google Franco Maps and buy it for the Big Bear & Lake Arrownhead trail map-very accurate and easy to navigate.

I came up the 18 and turn left at Fawnskin on the 38-i parked my truck on Van Dusen Canyon Road in front of some homes and headed up that road-you can take it a few miles up to Holcomb Campground and just tool around all back in that area-again the Franco Map is great and it didnt take long to orient myself.

Watch out for Jeep dudes-they fly around so look ahead for dust clouds-stick to your side and just be aware. Saw about 10 motos the whole day. Its not Canandian Forest lush but its a nice change from the deserts im used to riding and nice and cool!

Enjoy!

If you two are planning more rides with your wives I'm sure my husband would love to have some options besides waiting for me to chicken out of, for example, Mother Grundy... And I'd like to have some other women to test the water er dirt with:). I guess I should clarify - chickened out on my 650gs I'm sure I would have given it a shot on a small dirt bike.