Last weekend at the curt Caselli fundraiser I was eye balling his daka rally bike and also the Baja rally XR650R. I noticed they both are running oversized foam grips. Anyone running these? Benefits? Lifespan?

i could see how an oversized grip would help on races over 100 miles thru rough terrain.

my fingers get stiff and its more difficult to grab the brake or clutch , especially if i ride alot the month prior.

i find myself letting go of the bar while riding to try and get my fingers to move

I use ProGrip 714-the largest grips I can find- I have large hands and hate small grips.

You can find these ProGrip "Rally Grips" at Clairemont Cycle Supply. Jaime is the only guy I know that stocks them locally.

post-14322-0-27706400-1433541309_thumb.j

post-14322-0-97368300-1433541205.jpg

Goofy footer - great mind think alike I guess. I couldn't find the foam ones, but found the rally grips. By the way cycle gear, San Marcos also stocks these. Hope to get some time with them this weekend.

It just seemed weird that with all the grip technology out there I see foam grip on these incredible bikes. i can't remember seeing these on anything but older street bikes.

I use to run the foam grips on my street bike they just slid over my stock ones insanely comfortable,on my dirt bike I use pro grips rally also love them get great wear out of them. Gp motorcycles stocks them also

So these just slide over the existing grips?

I like those vacman will have to give a try. But oracle yeah this is what I had

http://www.amazon.com/Woodys-M15-GRIPPUPPY-Puppy-Comfort-Grips/dp/B008FD6DXW

worked great on street bike had on for 2 years and probably 17k miles made long freeway hauls nice. On like ur adventure I doubt they would last that long but even every year I think worth it.

Only thing to remember foam grips will hold any moisture from rain, washing bike, or riding on hot day without gloves I did that once was nasty. Just think sponge

I like those vacman will have to give a try. But oracle yeah this is what I had

http://www.amazon.com/Woodys-M15-GRIPPUPPY-Puppy-Comfort-Grips/dp/B008FD6DXW

worked great on street bike had on for 2 years and probably 17k miles made long freeway hauls nice. On like ur adventure I doubt they would last that long but even every year I think worth it.

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking about trying them on my work bike.

I gave the rally grips a shot and they felt pretty good. I don't know if it was mental or it actually IS better, but it seemed like it was easier to hold on to. And after 120, mostly dirt, miles my hands didn't feel as tired. They are larger then stock, but didnt feel like a huge harley grip.