recycled

990 Adventure info

Hello all,

I was looking at the 07 990 that is at Fun Bike Center and wanted to know if anyone on the forum may have an background info or history on this bike. I figure this may be the best place to start before I consider making any offers. Thanks in advance.

Bob

You might want to post a pic of it or a link to the sales ad?

There's is no history on it just hit first oil change

I was thinking that someone here may have known who the owner was. Does the price seem in line with current local market? Current KBB for retail is about low 7's but only accounts for the age and not the low mileage. Is there anything specific that should be looked at for the 07 since it was the first year for FI?

Twitchy right off idle and clogged fuel filters especially that low miles if old gas was in it and only started now and then, I've been looking at prices for adventure style bikes couple months now and for same price or within 500 you can get one with maybe 20k and under miles and about 2k worth of upgrades. http://www.ktm950.info/how/ktm_950_issues.html

They aren't making 990's anymore and the new 1290 adv is just massive. In my opinion, that makes the 990 more desireable (at least it was for me).

You will be hard pressed to find one that has low of miles (and it looks clean from the photos). It also looks bone stock, so you have a clean slate to do what you want. Although having somebody load up a bike with goodies, not ride it, and sell it usually results in a windfall to the next guy.

Go check it out and throw a leg over...

Mikey777. I was drooling over Vanjoosten's SE add, but that is well outside my target budget right now. Though as you mention, but the time I add stuff, I would likely end up at that price or higher by the time I'm done. I only get to ride a couple times a year since I work overseas most of the year so this would be a good long term bike since it is essentially a new bike. At my size, 175 lbs, I agree, I don't need or want anything bigger than the 990. Even that will be a big jump from my last bike which was a DRZ-SM.

It looks very clean. I'd say 7400 to 7600 would be a decent deal considering the excellent condition and low miles.