Crawdaddy

Long days = Two'fer Tuesdays (two wheels, two trails, two brews, one sunset)

11 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I am up on the gate after the split, here it ends for me. Big gate is closed. 

Now we know why it was locked.......there's a big boulder in the middle of the trail about ~3/4 of the way up........could probably get around it in a car/truck but they may want to move it before reopening the gate......

Good thing you didn't roll up in the sidecar rig Randy.......seeing that locked gate would've been a colossal disappointment

5 of us crossed over and headed up........some good B.S.'n with frosty beverages while enjoying the sunset.....

First time I'd ridden since the 950SE loop in Baja in April.......the 500 felt so tiny after that behemoth

Now I also know my lighting needs to be addressed.......some sort of loose connection........rode down with a flickering strobe show between low and high beam......

• Haha 1

It was nice to get back out for a twofer. I got over 40+ miles out of it on my new Shinko gummies....crap, I've never ridden a tire that sticks to the ground like these things....

1 hour ago, Crawdaddy said:

Now we know why it was locked.......there's a big boulder in the middle of the trail about ~3/4 of the way up........could probably get around it in a car/truck but they may want to move it before reopening the gate......

Good thing you didn't roll up in the sidecar rig Randy.......seeing that locked gate would've been a colossal disappointment

5 of us crossed over and headed up........some good B.S.'n with frosty beverages while enjoying the sunset.....

Was it that tiny Boulder at the cement water holding tank? I can see locking the gate for vehicles because most people don't read if they just put a temp warning sign. If it is that Boulder, that's been there since at least March and a Toyota Prius could move it out of the way. Gotta think of the bobble head peeps I guess.

Someday ill join n you guys.

33 minutes ago, Oracle said:

It was nice to get back out for a twofer. I got over 40+ miles out of it on my new Shinko gummies....crap, I've never ridden a tire that sticks to the ground like these things....

Which Shinko's? Getting ready for some new shoes and researching what sticks best and lasts a decent amount of time.

I've got the Shinko 505 Cheater on the rear of the orange bike and am super happy with it.  It is not DOT approved however.

23 minutes ago, cmbthumper said:

Which Shinko's? Getting ready for some new shoes and researching what sticks best and lasts a decent amount of time.

505 cheater for the rear. I just put it on about two weeks ago. Two rides on it for about 300 miles total, about 60/40 dirt / street. It's already showing significant wear. It handles amazing on dirt and pavement but is wearing VERY fast. It would be much better, and justifiable, for someone that isn't riding any street at all...

MX216 fatty up front. This is my first time running a fatty and I'm pissed at myself for not trying one sooner. There was a noticeable increase in traction, that I was expecting, but also a noticeable increase in comfort and control, that I wasn't really expecting. The tire really absorbs rocks much better than a regular size tire. And I was running at 2 PSI higher pressure than I normally would. 

55 minutes ago, cmbthumper said:

Was it that tiny Boulder at the cement water holding tank?

Yep

Any interest in doing this next Tuesday?  I drove by today and the gate is open at the bottom.   

Why yes Pokey. . .I believe there is some interest.  And thanks for resuscitating the thread.  I'm currently lurking but hope to commit by this weekend.

Time fer a two-fer.

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

Why yes Pokey. . .I believe there is some interest.  And thanks for resuscitating the thread.  I'm currently lurking but hope to commit by this weekend.

Time fer a two-fer.

Maybe next week there will be more interest.   Guess I will do some bike upgrades today instead.

Hey first time in this thread  I have three of the things  . I got tuesday and a bike and the other two things.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 2:33 PM, 350thumper said:

I have three of the things  . I got tuesday and a bike and the other two things.

Hhhhmmmnnn...let's do some math here...Tuesday(1) + Bike(1) + Two other things(2) = _____ 4? :heh: Juz havin' fun...

I have the bike running and I will be heading up tomorrow. Will be hitting some trails early to try and get my big bike skills and dirt legs back. Coming  from NCounty coastal.

1432912018_ktmsunset.thumb.jpg.e50092fc6bd12c848b3aa79177fc858c.jpg

Would like to join you but can’t make it tonight. 

We have a more southern version of this as well on Otay Truck Trail.  Let me know who wants to do tacos and beverages........

Tom, no one is  chiming in. Maybe I will let 990 stretch its legs and venture down south. Have a beer in Otay pay respect to the fallen rider. Let me know where you are meeting up.

33 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

Tom, no one is  chiming in. Maybe I will let 990 stretch its legs and venture down south. Have a beer in Otay pay respect to the fallen rider. Let me know where you are meeting up.

Sunset is 1948 this evening, but I'm ok with getting up there earlier.....that makes for a late return home for some people. 

If that's not a concern then we can meet 45 minutes before, say 1900 (7:00 PM for you non military F's). 

Pio Pico campground store parking lot, I think this is the address.

14615 Otay Lakes Rd, Jamul, CA 91935