Crawdaddy

Long days = Two'fer Tuesdays (two wheels, two trails, two brews, one sunset)

The gates were closed last weekend. 

They are still closed...and have been for weeks. I parked my bike at the bottom of SYTT last week and walked up the trail a bit. There is extensive erosion. My guess is that it won't be open for some time. We know it's fine to ride, by USFF I'm sure thinks it's in our best interest to keep it close so we don't hurt ourselves....:heh:

I called the ranger thisbafternoon and they said Black Canyon truck trail is opened as of today

1 hour ago, Pokey151 said:

I called the ranger thisbafternoon and they said Black Canyon truck trail is opened as of today

Think you got names mixed up. Trail for 2 for Tuesday is black mountain truck trail, there's also black canyon rd start at magnolia Ave and goes to mesa grade it's just smooth gravel road.

oops  you are correct, I called the Ranger yesterdays and Black Mountain Truck trail is open.  They are checking other trails to see if they can open or not. 

I rode there Sunday, gate was open and it was very green.  Great conditions.  I only went about 1/2 way up though.

16 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

I rode there Sunday, gate was open and it was very green.  Great conditions.  I only went about 1/2 way up though.

Glad to hear the gate is open.......it's a beautiful/warm/clear day......think I'll head up this afternoon when I get home from work.....usual spot short of the summit......sunset is ~5:50......I plan on being up there ~5:40-6:10.....

Headed up last night as planned.......

004_zpsa7amcmy0.jpg

Gates were open and Santa Ysabel TT/Black Mtn TT weren't as nasty as I expected......still the typical rutty mess in places but I expected bigger/deeper erosion ruts after the recent rains.......

I had a coupe of cans from Baja left in my cooler in the RZR.......a quick glance left me thinking "Perla Negra" was just another dark beer like Negra Modelo........wrong, these things are some sort of redbullish/Jager boozed up energy drink.......so I just had one :o:lol:

006_zpswsnepok0.jpg

Nice to catch the sunset and still be home well before 7.......that said, I'm looking forward to the time change next week......early dinner followed by Sunset on the ridge.....

008_zpsat5v3c5n.jpg

Time to kick off the 2017 season........the sun sets at ~7pm tomorrow.......I'm going to grab an early dinner and then head up to the view point (short of the top.....good angle for the sunset).......should be up there around ~6:45.......

I will try and shift my work hours for this.  I miss it a lot.  Anyone meeting at the coffee shop, or just head up?

Man this is the day for it.  I'm getting an itch only that place can scratch.  I wonder if anyone around Alpine is interested in a run over via Boulder Creek?  A 2 hr. trek from Descanso.  Hhmmmm........lurking 

I'm out of town but wishing I was there with you guys. Have fun.

A little late on the uptake, as usual.  It's on the radar now that the time has changed.  We'll have to get a southern contingent organized from around here and make it over.  Run Cedar Creek TT for fun on the way.  Tom Petty and margaritas have broken out here anyway, I'm good.

Great to see everybody, twofer Tuesdays always makes me look forward to the time change!

HowzNScl.jpg

VgziqALl.jpg

Planning on heading up again tomorrow.......

BTW & FYI - Cellar 3 in Poway is selling cases (twelve 22oz. bottles) of Cosmic Ristretto (Porter with Expresso) for ~$38........I think that's about ~30% off retail.......very smooth porter........snap'em up while supplies last......

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2743/214468/

36 minutes ago, RamonaKDXr said:

Got room for a noob to the group?

Need a tuesday thing...

Noobs always welcome on 2 for Tuesday's who do you think has to supply all the beer

10 hours ago, RamonaKDXr said:

lol I don't mind bringin beer, sorry if it's shook up..... What time you goin?

We usually set up a ways down from the top........right hand sweeper looking directly west.......go to this post for approximate location

Sunset is 7.......probably won't be much a sunset tonight with the cloud cover......probably be up there around ~6:45-7:15

2 hours ago, RamonaKDXr said:

Fun to hang out with you guys.... Thanks for showin' up with the weather an all.... See ya next week?

Sounds good "Bobby Bling"