Crawdaddy

Long days = Two'fer Tuesdays (two wheels, two trails, two brews, one sunset)

I've got to bail tonight. The mighty HMMVStrom is throwing the "FI" code and the fuel pump is intermitent when turning the key to on. Buddy is bringing over a spare pump and I've got to tear the bike down as soon as I get home :/

onanysunday i'm headed up with a buddy who just got a plated bike - crf450x - she's a beauty

we're leaving poway around 5:30 and headed up to orosco first, then over

if you're not meeting wildwood anywhere, want to meet at stars @ 6pm?

I'm gonna try to make it to Stars.

I've got to bail tonight. The mighty HMMVStrom is throwing the "FI" code and the fuel pump is intermitent when turning the key to on. Buddy is bringing over a spare pump and I've got to tear the bike down as soon as I get home :/

That's Ok, you can ride my VStrom ..........wait a minute, nevermind, no F'n way :ohno02::dead::coolio::axehead:

Troy, call me. Maybe we can ride to meet him, 619 817 9565, going to meet him at Southerlyn Dam about 6:30 or so.

Heard through the grapevine today that one of the landowners out off of pamu is getting irritated by the "hooligan bikers tearing up and down the road just after sunset" making all kinds of noise. Says the trails are supposed to be closed at sunset.

So please hold the speeds around ~50 along Pamo. Not only the paved section but also on the dirt road past the ranch house. We don't want to see the Forest Service locking gates at sunset or anybody else clamping down on us.....it's a sunset spin, not a race.

Thx

Good Times !

I tiped over with my 800 in the last ruts before Pamo rd. I got it up once and then lost it again . Luckly Jason picked my ass up.THANK YOU SO MUCH ! or i would have Crawdady come back from his burito stop to help me .!

I got to swappin' on that sucker too, trying to miss it. Good to see you Ken, glad your ok. Excellent ride over there with Rigger and Brian, thanks for joining up.

120 mile ride to go have a beer on a mountain with some like minded gents.

post-15028-0-56403200-1436948488_thumb.j

Crawdaddy sure knows how to get a thing started.

post-15028-0-04927700-1436948519_thumb.j

Glad to see some new trails, and views

post-15028-0-55446400-1436948613_thumb.j

I got to swappin' on that sucker too, trying to miss it. Good to see you Ken, glad your ok. Excellent ride over there with Rigger and Brian, thanks for joining up.

120 mile ride to go have a beer on a mountain with some like minded gents.

attachicon.gif20150714_194659.jpg

Crawdaddy sure knows how to get a thing started.

attachicon.gif20150714_194744.jpg

Glad to see some new trails, and views

attachicon.gif20150714_200025.jpg

that a "NICE LONG" ride from Jamule-Alpine 4 a beer. I just missed you by a minute.

that a "NICE LONG" ride from Jamule-Alpine 4 a beer. I just missed you by a minute.

That's a bummer. We left right at 5:30. As Crawdaddy says, if your on time, your late. Next time Mr. JAJA......

Good times to be had....

Glad I was able to make this one, have to take advantage of these LONG summer days.

thanks wildwood for the nice cruise through the hills

Sorry to hear about the ruts Ken - we were on stand bye with burrito in hand if assistance was needed

I didn't make this one because I'm on-call all week and need to be close to home in case of an emergency. But I can see Black Mountain from my front porch and I got a picture of you all.

post-15155-0-51206400-1437005350_thumb.j

I was able to see all the pretty lights coming down the hill after it got dark.

Hey anybody know the paasword to join sdar? Got a buddy trying to log on and the question is "whats the official color of ktm?" He puts in "Orange" but it doesnt work. Sorry to hijack the post for a second but the 2'fer crowd is the coolest. Everybody knows that.

No 2fer tomorrow after yesterday's crazy storm.......gates are guaranteed to be closed......

Black Mnt. got 3" of rain in 30 minutes yesterday...going be some serious erosion. I'll try to get out there later this week (Padres game tomorrow night), scope it out, and report back.

It was open sunday morning

Good to know. The big down pour happened around 3 pm yesterday.

Out this week. They moved us to nights/swing so I'm working 4pm to 2 am.

Parts of Ramona got 4 inches of rain on Sunday - after 1-2 inches on Saturday.

I don't think the ride is happening tonight due the rain. Going to be pretty sloppy up there, no?

Actually, the decomposed granite up here dries very quickly. The dirt conditions should be very good, with only a few puddles. The erosion might be bad, but nothing a dirt bike can't handle.

Just because use local guys are out, doesn't mean ya'll can't go, assuming the gates are open (I haven't had a chance to check). Just don't expect Daddy-O tunes and a sunset serenade this trip.

I'm off to catch the Padres game...later

The gate is open (afternoon Sat 25th). The road is good. No problem getting the Tiger with passenger up there.