Oracle

Easy to use E-trail map with direct download of GPS files.

I found this and decided to share. It's a very easy way to find trails and download the GPX files for FREE. Just zoom in, pick and trail, right click and download.

http://owlsheadgps.com/map/

Oooh, good find! Looks promising.

I just downloaded a few for my trip this week.

That is fantastic Oracle, thank you so much as I just wandered all around the S2 a couple weekends ago from Agua Caliente to the south... and was trying random dirt roads to check out areas and wondered how I could get my hands on an "EC###" map. Specifically, as I exited Jojoba and headed out on Dolomite I was wondering which route would be the best to cut that corner to Painted Gorge... so you can do the big loop from Vallecito, tapiado, sin nombre, dolomite, Painted Gorge ,superstition, split mountain, across to wells, work your way behind the slot..... etc... much appreciated. cheers.

Glad to hear the positive responses.

I'll be putting it to the test starting tomorrow as I head out on a 6 day trip.

Whoops, major gaps in many local areas. I.E. McCain Valley, Anza Borrego, Jasper TT, over beyond Glamis North.. Like Google Earth, main roads leaving out the little stuff that helps you connect through.

Great if it has what you need, Luckily, you still need a Benchmark and tracks from you buddies. We don't want this stuff too easy to find!

Bags

I noticed that too, Bags. But there is some useful routes in there and it's super easy to use.

I just got back from Sequioa and I downloaded a few of the routes for that area before I left, they came in handy.