tntmo

Got more projects - Honda Trail 90

I have about a week left here in San Diego before I deploy for the rest of the year, so it only makes sense for me to get some projects that I won't be able to get to. Anyway, a friend of mine asked if I knew anyone who wanted an old motorcycle his grandpa had so I replied, "I do know someone" and had him drop this mess off at my place.

17383668792_cf4487e00d.jpg20150505_182638 by tntmo2, on Flickr

17385655025_e27eda50f8.jpg20150505_182645 by tntmo2, on Flickr

Supposedly the red one runs. Obviously, the yellow one doesn't. Anyway, I have plenty of time to research and order parts while I'm away. I guess the next time there's a vintage ride I'll be ready.

The red one is a 69, the first year of the telescopic forks. To bad that front fender has the dent, the are rare with the reflector on it. CT 90 Yahoo group is big.

Those are awesome little bikes, I've got a couple myself.

You should do a posty conversion, Oz style :coolio:

Well the red one is mostly there so it might as well be cleaned up and made mostly stock.

The yellow one can get a Lifan 140, some XL125 forks and 19" wheel, etc.

Imagine where Grandpa has been. :dirol:

My brother and Ilearned how to ride on one of those, a 1967 when I was 8 down in Blair Valley. Cool project.

I got the red one running, it's missing the throttle tube so I rode it around by pulling the end of the cable. I suppose after I clean the carburetor and put in some fresh fuel it will run better.

Saw a (ederly?) couple on one of those brand spanking shinny red last weekend cruising in the laguna campground, pretty nice little bike! Cool find Tom

Looks like this thing could be handy, four cases fit on the rack.

16795819943_8479effed8_z.jpg20150507_161651 by tntmo2, on Flickr<script async src="//widgets.flickr.com/embedr/embedr.js" charset="utf-8"></script>