Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

KTM Replacement Brake Pads

Curious what people are doing for brake pads on their KTMs. Going back to the OEM pads or using aftermarket pads? Any pads which people believe are "better" than the OEM pads? Need to do the fronts on my KTM EXC 350 f soon.

I ran the organic KTM ones with good results, they do wear pretty fast but stop great, not so much on or off like the stock pads

54813090100 is the part number

FYI thread very subjective, filled with opinion and rider feel thread, on front brembos i only use oem or oem equivalent pads (the type that come on the bike, sintered metal race/std compound), they offer very solid consistent feel under all conditions. Just like what Drabnor said solid feel all the time.

For me organics are too mushy for the front including carbons.

In the rear I always change out the OEM type and run EBC red carbon x pads, they are little bit mushy but i like that for brake dragging out back plus they are super at not transferring heat into the caliper, but they do wear faster and really wear fast if its wet and muddy. For brake dragger reference mine burn from red to black after a couple of rides but never fail or fade. good also they never squeal...KTM/Husky brembo oem rears squeal like crazy for me- I freaking hate it, rode the entire tecate enduro with oem rear pads due to the threat of a muddy rain race,,,,they squealed all day worked good but drove me nuts.

Braking CM44 compound is one I like for front if not the OEM Brembo pads. The CM46 race compound (higher $$) is best for high heat generation use, the CM44 type works better all around for me

http://www.braking.com/DIS/sito/documenti_allegati/66_link_inglese_OFFROAD-CM44.pdf

I know you asked front but here's my rear personal choice FYI

http://ebcbrakes.com/product/carbon-x-or-tt-brakes/

EBC reds front and back.

Use Motul 600 RBF.

up that ante run the latest Motul RBF 660!! (they increased the heat range even further). brad I don't know how you guys run those reds up front for me it was just too mushy---stop wise they are great just feel wise, not for me up front only out back. add this to the ante ZipTy or equivalent reservoir extender for more fluid volume for even more conductivity.....and I used to use the Slavens rear caliper hose heat sink piece but on my last bikes it was unnecessary (plus with 660 that was a big key)). but this is about pads only, we just love bullet proof brake systems.

Ebc reds/carbon x also huge difference need to swap front on my 350 can't handle stocks way too grabby. Huge difference when I swapped to reds on last bike.