Ken S

Prayers needed for 350 Thumper-bad crash today

Darren went down hard at 60-70 plus Sunday at Corral Canyon.

He blew a corner on the perimeter road, hit the fence, it launched him over a tree and he landed on rocks about 100 feet away and 20-30 feet down hill then bounced till he wound up upside down hanging from a tree.

Huge thank you to the other riders and the 4X4'ers who stop to help.

There was a group of jeeps that stopped, one of them being a paramedic.

Huge group effort getting him up the hill on a piece of plywood - improvised backboard and to the ambulance who called in life flight.

He was sent to the trauma unit at Sharp.

Darren had some angels looking out for him and is lucky to be alive. 1 partially collapsed lung, 1 lung fully collapsed.

Multiple badly broken ribs, 2 broken collar bones.

Please send prayers for our friend

He will recover .

350 Thumper, hang tough. You will get through this. Let me know if you need anything and I'll send Bike Slut right over to take care of it... :D

Wow, glad he's still with us. Heal well, man!

I hate to hear that somebody got injured, and I hope he makes a full recovery. But....as a person who has been involved in a few head on collisions out there (and else where), I have to say that when I read something that say a guy "went down hard at 60-70 plus Sunday at Corral Canyon." on the perimeter road, it just makes me shake my head and wonder what he was thinking, riding that fast on a public two way dirt road.....Lucky that nobody else was coming from the other direction.

Dang Darren. Sorry to hear that. Those are some bad injuries. Prayers sent for the next few months or more. Sound like some key people were in the right place at the right time for him.

Hate to hear this stuff.....get well soon!

+1

Ditto on what Dirt Dame said. heal up fast and slow down. He is lucky, speaking from experience with the lung and rib injuries if your gonna sneeze press index finger hard top lip under your nose... the urge will go away.

Man, that really sucks... Heal quickly 350Thumper!

Kenny, thanks for being there to assist. My guess is your actions along with others strongly influenced the positive(ish) outcome.

Get well soon, be careful out there, ride smarter not harder.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support .

All the prayers for me and my family are helping me on to a speedy recovery...

Keep roosting everybody..

D..

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way darren. No one likes to read stories like this. Hope for a full recovery.