Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Puerta MX 2015 series round 2 25APR2015

This time at rancho villareal just east of tecate on the libre road 10-15 minutes from the border

post-5813-0-53907800-1427846953_thumb.jp

same time frame 2012 same location

IMG_0433.jpg

for reference the mexicali toll road is up to the left we are looking east in this foto

Is this the same style race as your guys last one how many laps can you do in 1.5 hrs I don't see any mileage on flyer

Is this the same style race as your guys last one how many laps can you do in 1.5 hrs I don't see any mileage on flyer

If you are asking about fuel load, there is no need to worry about pitting in these races, just start with full bag and go until the checkers.

For reference, the lead lappers did 8 laps at rancho el chale I did look but of course I forget now, something like 36 miles, I know it was less than 40. my seat time at El chale was 2 hours (8 laps) to go less than 40 miles. They say they have cut in new trails at Rancho Villareal but I will try to find the data from 2012 when we raced there for reference, in the mean time BP619 here's Chilly's viddy from the Rancho Villareal race course for visual reference. For Rev5 Chilly is riding the 350XCF-W !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCnOwjDsiU

OK sounds good thanks I'm definitely thinking about doing it just got to check calendar and get fork situation on the 350 and I'll be good

Awesome video Robert thanks also sells flexx bars just by watching looks like a lot of fun

Thank Chilly for that one. And a nice test of that 350 engine/bike for you 350 guys, that thing works great fast or slow.

I don't remember how many laps we did but I do remember getting lapped happily near the finish by either Ivan R or Brandon P or both and maybe a couple other pro/ex guys in that one, so I was 1 lap down from the lead lap (they started a few mins ahead)....... but I won the (small) 50+ open class that day then drove down to El Compadre to meet my crew for an epic marked trail ride. That was a great Baja Tecate trails weekend.

and I just added Flexxbars onto my TE300 Husky (YEL comp/RED reb 2 threads preload) I like these things they are one of those cherry on top bling items that work really well. ARC Memlon levers are the other add on whipped cream bling I got going on the TE300.

My buddy is getting married that day or I would go. I am off work for the month of april. If you You guys want to come practice on my track one day that would be cool. If you can do 1.5hrs straight here, mex will be a cake walk.

Brad gonna need to take bike up for valve check before then might have to take a lap or two.

even if ridden as a trail ride this will not disappoint.