350thumper

YAMALUBE CARBURETOR MAINTENANCE DIP

this is a new product to me so i thought id share it because it seems to be working good .

THE PRICE IS FAIR ... around $10

its EASY & PORTABLE ..... which is nice for me since i dont have alot of room in the man cave .

MIX IT WITH WATER .... not a harsh chemical .

Repels women .... keeps my man cave drama free . it doesnt smell bad to me .

it actually seems to be working . this carb had set for 6 years and i wasnt sure if i could clean it enough.

i just dunked it and came inside to make a sandwich , very easy and available at veys or motoworld.

heres some pics before i left it out there in the cave 1/2 hour ago..

(it actually cleaned the grease from under my fingernails but i dont think your supposed to touch it .)

after i pull it out and blow air thru it i will send pics and tell you how i feel about it .

so far i like the idea of not spraying carb cleaner in my eye again.

post-15687-0-95353900-1427678930_thumb.j

post-15687-0-06156400-1427679146_thumb.j

The old stuff was better...this is the neutered Kali style. But....better than nothing. Also better than a squirt of carb spray in the eye.

Electrical contact cleaner also does wonders...trichloroethylene...ssshhhhhhhh

not bad . considering i was gonna give up on this carb .

before i dunked it the float was stuck and the guts were jammed . now its functioning properly

and alsmost looks professionally done all i did was blast it with air for ten seconds and put a cap on the rest of the fluid i have ..

im sure its going to function like new.

post-15687-0-87457600-1427687379_thumb.jpost-15687-0-09755200-1427687418_thumb.j

here are some jets pictured below that were "cleaned' with carb cleaner yestterday from my ltz 400 ....gross

im going to let them sit over night inside the YAMALUBE CARB DIP and see how they come out .

post-15687-0-10500200-1427687499_thumb.j

That's pretty good going to have to switch from pine sol and if it will keep the wife out of the garage I'll pay double. The pine sol works wonders but attracts them.

regardless you should at least replace that float valve, best to just replace all the brass. that Yama stuff looks good for the job at hand.

I like to fill cans of AZ gas when down there so I do not have to deal with that nearly as often but that is a good find. Thanks!

Come to think of it wonder if you can get carb cleaner in Arizona too?

George- im sure you can still get the good stuff there...everything here is safe for the environment, safe for your lungs, safe for your pets, and safe for carburetor gunk

Darren(Ex 350 Thumper now that he bought a 450), sounds like we need to go to AZ and get some good gas and carb cleaner.

Mount up a paddle tire. We'll hit Gordon's on the way there and Buttercup on the way back.

$40 for a room in Yuma.

regardless you should at least replace that float valve, best to just replace all the brass. that Yama stuff looks good for the job at hand.

i agree. i believe a rebuild kit with new brass pieces and orings is a nice compliment to the carb dip.

I like to fill cans of AZ gas when down there so I do not have to deal with that nearly as often but that is a good find. Thanks!

Come to think of it wonder if you can get carb cleaner in Arizona too?

i sure would like to have real carb cleaner ...road trip...

Darren(Ex 350 Thumper now that he bought a 450), sounds like we need to go to AZ and get some good gas and carb cleaner.

we can smuggle it back across the border in our cantines ....

I remember the Berrymans that came in that 1 gallon paint can with the screened and loop handled dip tray!! Bet Az still has it!!That stuff was positively caustic!! (not really caustic but close)

I picked up a can of Berrymans in Havasu last year. You need to be careful with it. I put a petcock in the basket and left it overnight. The next day the threads were almost gone.

CiD