robertaccio

haha SOMEONE got a new Austrian.........

Orange kool aid has been consumed with vigor 350XCF-W......'15 model.

no more cafe' husky I guess.

Not me silly s.....just a nod to another SDAR'r in the crew, now Blake can figure it out. I'm a 2T white KTM husky guy for the next couple of years. This is a tease for the new owner. Im sure he will check in

Oh I already know who it is, just thought you got one too!! Thought u two were bike twins for a second.

nahh im a white ktm mixologist for a while.

Welp, I finally pulled the trigger on a new Ktm 350 xcf-w. The wife is more excited about the new bike than me. (yea good wife). It was difficult getting rid of the red head as I have grown attached to my first dirt bike. If money wasn't an issue I would have kept her nice and pretty in the garage.

Now its time to enable the Add-on button. To start: TMD skid plate, TMD rear disc protector, inline fuel filter from zipty and baja designs headlight.

Sunday will be testing day: Dial in the suspension, TPS tuning and ergos.

Cheers,

Ty

post-15609-0-76351500-1427480622_thumb.j

Congratulations, Ty! Welcome to the 350 club (if there is such a thing...)!

Lots of good information here http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11373&sid=166785d4fd2df6170f8fa7a2d67048a7 on minor and major mods to the 350 EXC (most equally applicable to the XCF-W). (Same / similar thread here http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?t=440785&st=0 on KTM Talk.) This guy goes into great detail on his mods and I found/find them very useful.

Also, Dave at http://bestdualsportbikes.com/ has done a lot of work on the 350 EXC. Again, some useful info with regard to the XCF-W.

I've had my 350 since 2012. If there's anything you have questions on, I'll do what I can to help answer them.

Congratulations, Ty! Welcome to the 350 club (if there is such a thing...)!

Lots of good information here http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11373&sid=166785d4fd2df6170f8fa7a2d67048a7 on minor and major mods to the 350 EXC (most equally applicable to the XCF-W). (Same / similar thread here http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?t=440785&st=0 on KTM Talk.) This guy goes into great detail on his mods and I found/find them very useful.

Also, Dave at http://bestdualsportbikes.com/ has done a lot of work on the 350 EXC. Again, some useful info with regard to the XCF-W.

I've had my 350 since 2012. If there's anything you have questions on, I'll do what I can to help answer them.

Chad, Thanks for all of the info. I will take a look at it later this evening

New bike update: These are the products and adjustments that I've found so far for the new bike and I would like to share with you. I'm also open to your comments and ideas.

Factory bike comes pretty lean for epa reasons. So I made the bike run more rich by adjusting TPS from .58 to .67 helped with bottom end power but I did notice that it was stalling a bit easier and I think that has to due with the stock end cap. So for stock I would probably adjust the TPS to about .64. Im not going to dial that in until the new parts get installed today.

New parts: Best Dual Sport Bikes (Dave Simon)

- "The SNAP", slips inside the airboot helps with air flow

-"The Grunt" exhaust manifold , smaller ID help with HP

-"PQP" end cap which allows the exhaust to flow more freely.

all upgrades will up the bottom to mid range power and add a bit more HP.

Not that I need it. I guess I got sucked in to the bling

After tomorrows ride I will update on how the bike performs.

-Graphics kit from Powersport Grafx. This is a new to me graphics company. I thought they had the best looking graphics.

Cheers,

Ty

I didn't fall for the BDSB stuff. Just desmogged, checked the tps setting, euro map flash, and removed the sound screen in the tailpipe and she rips...

I know, I know, even Robert told me to leave it alone. Guess im a sucker.

Just installed kit and its feel and sounds good. I will take it in the hills in a few.

Also new to KTM. Picked up a new 500 EXC a couple days ago, so will be looking for pointers.

Waiting for the bar guards and gearing to arrive. Hope they arrive soon as I plan to take it out Saturday for a break in run.

Will be an 06 TE-510 on the market pretty soon. Need to do a bit of work on it before I offer it up to the masses.

I run the snap / grunt combo as well... Think you'll find some enjoyable (although minor) gains from the mods. I have a FMF megabomb / 4.1 RCT combo for exhaust though. And I did my mods in stages (1st- Megabomb; 2nd- Snap; 3rd- 4.1 muff; 4th- Grunt), so no big gains all at once for me. Definitely gains over stock when all was said and done...

Super stoked on the TMDesigns plastic skid plate.

I just received Enduro Engineering RAD braces. You know when I went to install them the right side didnt fit well. The back side of the brace where the front and back screw together is right behind the hose from the thermostat. It puts a lot of pressure on that hose. I noticed on the earlier years the thermo and hose was lower so it didn't interfere. I called EE and they said ummm haven't heard of any problems like that with the xcf-w 350. He recommended that i turn the hose to move it out of the way. Unfortunately i cant turn the hose because of the motor. Any advise or suggestion would be great. I know.... don't crash and I wont need them.

I didn't fall for the BDSB stuff. Just desmogged, checked the tps setting, euro map flash, and removed the sound screen in the tailpipe and she rips...

Hey Drabnor How do you like the EU map? and how is it different from stock?

Rev5 I'm having same hose problem with my fe350s I was in a rush to install it and just left that bolt off figured the front one is strong enough now that I look at hose has a little indent on it front touching the bracket so going to have to fit it. I couldn't find a way to install that bolt unless taking off that complete hose assembly now I have acerbis 4.1 tank so covers radiator so might remove braces.

Heres some pic's if this is what you're talking aboutpost-15045-0-45329100-1428530084_thumb.jpost-15045-0-24902400-1428530105_thumb.j

Great protection along with the TM Designworks chain guide...

Bullet-Proof-Swingarm-Guard-Mounted.jpg

New bike update: These are the products and adjustments that I've found so far for the new bike and I would like to share with you. I'm also open to your comments and ideas.

Factory bike comes pretty lean for epa reasons. So I made the bike run more rich by adjusting TPS from .58 to .67 helped with bottom end power but I did notice that it was stalling a bit easier and I think that has to due with the stock end cap. So for stock I would probably adjust the TPS to about .64. Im not going to dial that in until the new parts get installed today.

New parts: Best Dual Sport Bikes (Dave Simon)

- "The SNAP", slips inside the airboot helps with air flow

-"The Grunt" exhaust manifold , smaller ID help with HP

-"PQP" end cap which allows the exhaust to flow more freely.

all upgrades will up the bottom to mid range power and add a bit more HP.

Not that I need it. I guess I got sucked in to the bling

After tomorrows ride I will update on how the bike performs.

-Graphics kit from Powersport Grafx. This is a new to me graphics company. I thought they had the best looking graphics.

Cheers,

Ty

Photos! Don't know if I can wait to see the new beast until Apr 18th!

Heres some pic's if this is what you're talking aboutattachicon.gif20150408_145319.jpgattachicon.gif20150408_145327.jpg

Exactly. Eventually that hose will get weak and blow.

Did you have to remove the hose to get the screw in? Or did you leave the screw out?

Edit just saw the post that you made above.