Sign in to follow this  
AFM24

Laguna Hansen quickie

How does the road past Laguna Hansen compare to Compadres Trail? Technically, I mean. A buddy and I are in San Felipe now and thinking about using the Laguna Hansen option to Tecate since we've covered Compadres Trail twice before.

BTW, I'm on a Buell Ulysses with 17" Conti Trails--there's nothing "trail" about them but I can easily handle something like Compadres or Coco's.

My report from two weeks ago:

I came up Hwy 3 to the far south end of Compadre Trail and took that north. I stayed on the Laguna Hanson road (to the right) and rode north to what I believe is the El Condor trail (on smaller / more rough roads - not big bike recommended) which heads west towards the Compadre Ranch.

The main road through Laguna Hanson to La Rumorosa is just like Compadre Trail. La Rumorosa is definitely farther east on Hwy 2 than the north end of Compadre so you'll have a longer slab ride home.

If you can do Compadre, you can do Laguna Hanson to La Rumorosa. Just watch out for the puddles - you can scoot around them.

Same -Be sure to watch out for traffic as many people go to the lake on weekends . Watch for roots in shadows and rocks ,ruts enjoy the view. Make sure you stop at the sawmill "Rancho Ramona " and go across the street for lunch.

Like they said same but I find it more scenic.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check it out, and next time I'll first check the map for the correct spelling of Hanson and Compadre.