Chris in Wildomar

Non Bike question re: Rhino's / ATV's in baja.....

Yeah I know this is a bike forum but hoping someone here has some knowledge in this area :) :)

Now that im getting around these days on 4 wheels rather than the awesome and way more fun two. We are talking about taking the Rhino down to Mike's for a weekend. Anyone do this or know folks who have? Where do you park the trailer and unload/stage? On the US side or Mexico side? Anything special to worry about with the ATV's since they are not street legal like the bikes are?

Thanks!

It's done all the time, Chris.

I spoke with a large group leaving from Valle T doing the same thing with Rhinos and buggies. I met them there and they loved the ride.

I've done a trip to laguna hanson a couple times with my rzr and a couple quads and ridden multiple times on the highway with atvs and gone threw checkpoints never been bothered once. people are more curious and just wanna say hi than hassle you

I've done a trip to laguna hanson a couple times with my rzr and a couple quads and ridden multiple times on the highway with atvs and gone threw checkpoints never been bothered once. people are more curious and just wanna say hi than hassle you

Awesome! Can you give me some details in terms of where you staged at?

Rancho Ojai (KOA) is clean and secrure. 5-10 bucks a day to park. Or down the road at Rancho Santa Veronica.

I dont think using the parking lot is a good idea on the US side of Tecate beacuse if you run into problems with anybody's ATV/UTV or motorcycle(or an injury) you have to wait in line to crossover to get your pickup truck and trailer. You never now how long the line is going to be at the border. If you have only motorcycle we split the lanes and ride up to the border. They dont care if our bikes are plated or not.this move can save you 2-3 hours on a sunday crossing.

Rancho Ojai (KOA) is clean and secrure. 5-10 bucks a day to park. Or down the road at Rancho Santa Veronica.

I dont think using the parking lot is a good idea on the US side of Tecate beacuse if you run into problems with anybody's ATV/UTV or motorcycle(or an injury) you have to wait in line to crossover to get your pickup truck and trailer. You never now how long the line is going to be at the border. If you have only motorcycle we split the lanes and ride up to the border. They dont care if our bikes are plated or not.this move can save you 2-3 hours on a sunday crossing.

Great tip!!

+2 On Rancho Santa Veronica.

I heard that Lalos Tacos in Rumurosa let's people park their trailers on their property....not sure if anyone here has had any experience with that.

I will join you guys on the trip if you want, I have a Polaris RZR 900S and would love do this ride. Send me a PM and we can connect as I have done this with my bikes small and big solo and With a group. Rancho Santa Veronica is an excellent stage place but I am OK if you want to stage somewhere else safe.