Sign in to follow this  
rsiberell

Seeking Info/ Parking for my truck near Tecate border crossing

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum here. Have been reading up on your great organization a bit over the last few months.

I'm in Montana, and planning a Baja ride w a friend beginning 3rd week of April. 2-3 week duration.

Will be trailering the bikes to the San Diego area, for a Tecate crossing.

Curious if there is a GOOD and safe place to park my truck (State side) and small trailer while we're gone.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and hope to meet some of you along the way.

Richard Siberell

r.siberell@icloud.com for direct contact.

Yes, there are several safe parking areas right there at the border in Tecate, CA. Spittin distance to MX.

First time in Baja?

I've parked my trailer in the dirt parking lot right behind the market on the left side of the border... No issues , someone is there 24/7 .
Still I've cable locked wheels and trailer for extra measure .
Jim

just before you cross the border on the right is at least two pay to parks, I have used the one with the office trailer near the rear of the lot, nice people $5 a day (a while ago), I was not gone for weeks but some vehicles looked like they had been there a long time. Nice people.

If you're okay with being a bit further away from the border (less than 30 minutes) you can call Vey's Powersports. They're an SDAR supporter and the owner, Robert, offered to let me park there when I was talking to him at this month's meeting. You can probably reach him at the El Cajon location.

http://www.veyspowersports.com/

just before you cross the border on the right is at least two pay to parks, I have used the one with the office trailer near the rear of the lot, nice people $5 a day (a while ago), I was not gone for weeks but some vehicles looked like they had been there a long time. Nice people.

+1 on this. If I park at the border I always park there. 4-6 times per year with no issues. They only take cash and it is still $5/day.

My place is 30 min from the border off 94 in Jamul

you are welcome to stage there, my dog might pee on your tires but other then that your safe....