SCHWINN

Good news on my cancer. Battle on.

Most everyone knows I have Multiple Myeloma. Its like termites in your bones...

It started in my back with 3 compression fractures that were fixed with Kyphoplasty surgery in October 2013.

February 2014 5 more compression fractures in the back with 2 broken ribs. 14 days in the hospital.

28 treatments of Radiation....SUCKS...

Broke 2 more ribs at home..Started to realize just how brittle I was.

Introduced to Moores Cancer Center in La Jolla. Specializing in only Multiple Myeloma.

Lots of drugs, Steroids, Pain killers and Chemo in Pills.

Zometa Bone Strengthener thru IV once a month still going on.

I was healthy enough to collect 1 million of my own stem cells.

IV injected Chemo called Melphalan...4 Hours worth. 3 days later December 1st I checked into Thornton Hospital in La Jolla to live for a possible 21 days...

They put my healthy stem cells back in my body with a IV after Chemo killed everything.

My body recovered from the chemo quick enough to leave the hospital in 14 days.

Tuesday January 13th I get called in for a Bone Marrow extraction for lab testing to see just where my cancer is..

January 29th I get called back into Moores Cancer Center for a meeting. They announce to me that my Cancer is in REMISSION.

Back at work Monday February 2nd.

Getting stronger every day. Bones and back still have some issues but not as brittle. Docs say body won't fully recover from the Chemo for a bout 1 year.

My blood work says I am about 1/3rd now. White Blood Cells and other things have to come back up after the Chemo.

Chemo erases all your childhood immunity shots. I am 52 years old.

At the end of this year in December they start giving me all my immunity shots again. If they gave me any of these shots now I would catch Measels from the shot cuz I only have about 1/3rd of my immunity ability for now.

I ride my Beach Cruiser as much as possible and Paddle Board around Oceanside Harbor and Dana Point Yacht Club to get some low impact exercise.

Takes a Strong Will to endure all this treatment. Keep up the hard work and All of Us will be rooting for you.

Talk about a competition,,,The Ultimate Competition

B

great news, positive energy sent your way. Get well soon.

Great news! Sis battled for years and has been free for 7. I think the endless wheelies added to your high stem cell count.

Keep focus and continue to kick its a$$.

Wow, I had no idea you were going through all that stuff. Glad you're doing better. Let me know if you'd like to get a beer or something.

Schwinnie...keep on the road to full recovery ! Good news you're getting better for sure !

Full blown arm pumping WHOO HOOO!!!!

Can't wait to tip one back at the dash with ya buddy!

Full blown arm pumping WHOO HOOO!!!!

Can't wait to tip one back at the dash with ya buddy!

Heck Yea and hot poppers

Everything is a mind game in life, from getting a cold to getting cancer. Some things you can control and some things you cant. I have learned if you keep a good attitude things usually turn out good.strong mind, strong body.Me at the age of 24 was diagnosed with a AVM(articular vines malformation)which means you have no low side controlling blood pressure to your brain and just a bunch of blood vessels all tangled up inside your brain which means i could just drop dead at any time from basically a anurism.Not some thing you want to here at 24.So off to a Neurologist's and about 8 months later they decided that there was 2 ways to fix it chemo, or brain surgery.Chemo would be about two years of treatment and hope it is gone or go for the brain surgery.Seeing what Chemo does and being very impatient at 24, I went big, (or being smart but that's not me, lol)lets do brain surgery..They made me go to every doctor in San Diego to la to just make sure that was the way to go.This all started with a seizure at a super cross race from the lights, which i had never had one before or after!!! One doctor told me it was from my BROKEN NECK 2 years before, where i had to where a halo for a while (3 months 2 weeks) with screws imbedded in your skull!!!! went and talked to other doctors and they rec to do brain surgery.what made me trip out was how interested they where in opening my skull.Well, after filling out a will and telling my family i love them (My biggest supporters in my life), i went in for surgery and well as you can tell i came out okay (for me any way ) So what I'm just trying to say, is that no matter what happens, keep a positive mindset and one thing my mom always told me IS THINGS ALWAYS WORK OUT IN LIFE.GOD SPEED AND GOD BLESS.F@!#! CANCER AND ANYTHING TRYING TO TAKE IT FROM YOU.

Awesome news, Steve. Congratulations on the recovery...never give up, never forget!!!