Pat760

Sort of new member from Carlsbad

Longtime lurker but been member for a couple years just never really posted so I thought I should go ahead and join the party. Didn't really get into motorcycles until my mid 30's. Son wasn't really interested in team sports and wanted to race dirt bikes. I reluctantly bought him an 85 and well that's where it all started. We raced for about 7-8 years up til he said he wanted to take a break for the summer before senior year. He soon found out that the girls in Carlsbad liked surfers more than motorcross racers and it ended as quickly as it started. My wife and I continued to ride for a few more years but just wasn't the same once the kids moved away and it was just the 2 of us. The bikes sat in the back of my shop for a few years collecting dust until one day a friend asked if he could buy them so he could start riding with his son. Both being plated, a 450x and 250x, I was a little hesitant to part with them but after a few months of asking I finally said yes. Well I went with them camping up on the Kern river last October and they brought the bikes. Once I got home I was instantly on craigslist looking for another bike, and quickly settled in on a plated 2006 WR250F. Long story short, Three weeks ago the wife bought a 2008 Husqvarna TE250 and said she too wants to start riding again so we are back at it. We used to ride mostly desert but thinking we are going to start doing day rides at places like Corral Canyon and McCain with a weekend desert trip every once in a while.

She had never ridden a bike in her life and didn't start until 40. She enjoys riding with me but it is not really her sport. She is really into snowboarding so we spend a lot of time in Mammoth. Probably not many 50 year old grandmas out there riding dirt bikes. I am a lucky man.

Welcome aboard at least ur wife rides mine has had bikes for 10 years and only ridin for maybe 2 hours total lol don't tell her I said that lol. See u out on the trails and you only get old if u stop riding

Well I went with them camping up on the Kern river last October and they brought the bikes. Once I got home I was instantly on craigslist looking for another bike, and quickly settled in on a plated 2006 WR250F. Long story short, Three weeks ago the wife bought a 2008 Husqvarna TE250 and said she too wants to start riding again so we are back at it. We used to ride mostly desert but thinking we are going to start doing day rides at places like Corral Canyon and McCain with a weekend desert trip every once in a while.

Welcome to the team! A couple of us rode the Kern River trails last month, what an epic singletrack playground! I'm in Encinitas (west of 101) and frequent Corral Canyon and McCain and would love to plan a trip and actually rideshare from North County for once... post up on the "Informal rides" section, or PM me directly if you want to go'fer a rip from the neighborhood...