kato

SD to El Paso Mnts the long way, a solo venture

I hate to ask trite and cliché questions, but :

Anything that'd prevent the average village idiot from doing this on a motorcycle larger than small?

Something like a Australian 1000cc v-twin?

Thank you, Colonel Custer.

PS: and welcome- thank you for visiting LittleBigHorn.

It's not the arrow...it's the indian

this. you're a good indian

Id say plan on less miles per day on a bigger bike, but you can make it everywhere. I wasn't going for the easier ways obviously but most of the tougher stuff is always bypassable (e.g. cleghorn is basically a 2-in-1 trail, always an easy way & a fun way. really fun sometimes). ElPaso mtns can get challenging as well but there too if you come upon a tough climb you can just turn around and find another trail. OR JUST PIN IT YOU KNOWWWW

I hate to ask trite and cliché questions

I call BS

LOL Monsieur la grenouille.

God that ride looks like a blast in a crazy Kato sort of way. Reading that was the most fun I have had in weeks.

God that ride looks like a blast in a crazy Kato sort of way. Reading that was the most fun I have had in weeks.

I was only pre-running for that ride we're doing up to DV soon Bill. hope ur healing soon

Great report. I think that this is a ride that everybody dreams of, sooner or later.

Kato u doing the desert dash this year?

I ll see you there I hope

Sounds like a great trip Kato. Solo riding in the boonies can be fun - total freedom to explore wherever you brapp. When I drove back from DV towards LA along the 14 I was amazed at how much riding and open there is the that part of the high dez. I'd never been that way and could see miles and miles of trails - I'm glad you were able to connect the dots for a sick ride up.

How can I save the route you posted in google maps? I don't even know how you posted it on google maps. Looks good man!

How can I save the route you posted in google maps? I don't even know how you posted it on google maps. Looks good man!

Me, too please.

Or GPX.

Or some other format that Roger can make into a GPX for me.

Nice ride and write up. I have a place in Crestline. If possible I would love to get the tracks from you. I would like to do similar ride up to Crestline with others.

If you click on the link next to g+/fb/, you can download the .kml for Google Earth. GPS Visualizer will convert it to .gpx

If you click on the link next to g+/fb/, you can download the .kml for Google Earth. GPS Visualizer will convert it to .gpx

here, anotha linky http://dualsportmaps.com/?link=115270

Linky = merde.

Help? I'm old and don't understand anything about technology. :coolio:

Pretty sure you can download any gpx on dualsportmap with just an account.

Understood- but how do I find your map? The link produces a blank page...

not blank on my computer, maybe u use one of those tech advanced tablets. If u pm me your email I ll send it to you