rydethis

First lead ride down in Otay

Little late in the ride report, Sunday was my first time leading a ride and what a blast it was. My shop Forman picked up a bike and wanted to get out and hit some trails (he got tired of seeing how much fun I was having, lol) So I invited him and of course a few others before I knew it we had a pretty good size group so I kept the invite small.

We all met up down at Pio Pico at 9am. 4 plated bikes and 6 non plated, 7 riders that have never been there before. We did the norm, hit the antennas, bunkers...then cruised down to the electric plant to play, over to the tunnel that CVRICK showed me, all the way to the heritage road and back to Pio Pico. Found plenty of water and mud :) . Everyone did great even through the technical sections and the boat hill climb. It was a really fun day with a good group. Special thanks to wintyfresh for taking up sweep (that helmet sure makes it easy to know your back there)

post-14995-0-66204800-1422369519_thumb.j

post-14995-0-82531300-1422369626_thumb.j

post-14995-0-32009700-1422369699_thumb.j

post-14995-0-10353900-1422369751_thumb.j

post-14995-0-30026200-1422369811_thumb.j

How did Vince do on the other DR? Looks like fun, I have a radiator leak I need to attend to before I can hit the trails again.

How did Vince do on the other DR? Looks like fun, I have a radiator leak I need to attend to before I can hit the trails again.

He did great!!! Bike is running great after cleaning the carb out from the last trip. No issues at all...he was really enjoying it :) another happy DR owner :)

Good to hear. Probably a few more minor issues to work out on that bike, but it's an overall good package.

Had a blast! Here's gopro footage from the boat hillclimb:

And a still shot from my save of the day.

45WdJaU.jpg

Had a blast! Here's gopro footage from the boat hillclimb:

And a still shot from my save of the day.

45WdJaU.jpg

That hill looks easy on video.