Bikeslut lead, Trophy and sdhydro are OUT of this ride.

OnAnySunday, think you're the only one still IN for sure so your call.

Sunday, Jan 25

9:30 AM - Kick Stands Up

Start here --> https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.0568823,-116.4214011/33.0570218,-116.4207193/@33.043797,-116.4090988,15601m/data=!3m1!1e3

for a ride description: Biggest obstacle is deep sand for sections... this is the desert, so expect some fairly high speed runs to stay on top of the sand, but we will wait for everyone at intersections. The Squeeze is a very short obstacle, that we can coach you through, or somebody can just ride your bike for you. There are some small steps shortly after, that are negotiable.... Pinion Drop (heart Attack Hill) is more intimidating than anything else. We'll get you through it.

Bring a flashlight or headlamp, as we may explore some mud caves a bit.

Have tubes/tires/water/lunch. Bring a radio if you have one... starting spot will be right near the beginning of Pinion Wash right off S-2 just North of Blair Valley and South of 78.

Big bike possible, but not my recommendation

IN
OnAnySunday
christi- hopefully
Hoss314 - possible photog on HAH

I'm interested if I can get my bike sorted on Saturday (bar risers means some serious cable rerouting).

this ride is tentative.. Axel is out, but if Winty and Trophy want to do it, I would still like to proceed...I don't know the area all that well, but I DO have a map

for a ride description: Biggest obstacle is deep sand for sections... this is the desert, so expect some fairly high speed runs to stay on top of the sand, but we will wait for everyone at intersections. The Squeeze is a very short obstacle, that we can coach you through, or somebody can just ride your bike for you. There are some small steps shortly after, that are negotiable.... Pinion Drop (heart Attack Hill) is more intimidating than anything else. We'll get you through it.

Bring a flashlight or headlamp, as we may explore some mud caves a bit.

Have tubes/tires/water/lunch. Bring a radio if you have one... starting spot will be right near the beginning of Pinion Wash right off S-2 just North of Blair Valley and South of 78.

Big bike possible, but not my recommendation

Have you told them its a scary downhill followed by beautiful riding, oh you would probably have to ride the desert dash a couple of times to be familiar with it :) , to bad Fairchild is tamed

Unc C.

I heard Fairchild is tamer than my driveway now... how you doing Charlie? Didn't you move to BFE somewhere (I mean MORE BFE than Campo)

yeah I be gone, all pavement here, I could get by with a scooter, wore out my rear knobbie already. Kind of close to Tahoe area, once it warms up I'll explore there. Now its just the old pontoon boat and fishing for stripers.

I never thought I would miss all those rocks and scary downhills and sand and Mexico, oh dam I'm crying again. :)

This is something id like to do but i would have to ride out there. I really need to work on getting a truck or somethin.

Looking good for this and I could meet you on 8, hydro. Give you and the bike a break in the truck. About 90% right now.

Yeah if theres anyway that be great. Ill keep checking back but if i can hitch a ride with someone im definitely in

Ken- have a map? I can't find mine...

....Start at Pinion parking area and go east...you don't need no stinking map...

A couple of questions; are you thinking of looping back up Diablo dropoff to Vallecito or out to Split Mountain and around what time did you want to get started?

Oracle- not worried about getting lost; just want to keep my bearings. Might need to call in chopper coordinates.

Winty-we can decide the route based on time/skill/speed...I don't know options that well. I've ridden Diablo twice, but the conditions were good enough that I didn't even view it as an obstacle. We can decide as a group. Start time: I need to be home by 330...I'll defer to the group

Rydethis and 00yz250 went up Diablo just before the New Year and it didn't look bad, as a route it cuts out quite a bit of pavement (Vallecito to Butterfield is ~13 miles, Split Mountain to 78 to Butterfield is ~40).

That was my initial thought as well...but; if we start around 9ish, how long would it take if we went up Diablo, and back that way? (again...I don't know group dynamics...hence, wanting a map, and planning on the fly. if we had an experienced AbDSP expert with us, I'd just ride sweep and leave the logistics to them

A best effort (drawn with a touchpad) GPX of Pinyon to Diablo Dropoff, down Seco Del Diablo and up Vallecito Wash.

http://onosendai.org/Pinyon_01_25_15.gpx

On google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/eaNah

Map: http://i.imgur.com/Hti1k1L.jpg

Not even gonna guess at time in a group but it's 32 miles off-road and probably another 16 up the S-2 back to where Pinyon starts. If I get my risers and cables sorted in time to make this ride I'm happy to navigate.

hmm Lurking. But really won't know until the day of!

it would be nice to finally ride with you... I'll pm my number

hmmm...sounds like this may be fun for me to come from the other end of Fish Creek and meet up with you guys at the bottom of HAR. I will have the camera ready if I make it out there.