Goofy Footer

Reasonable Cost for Carb Cleaning

Hi All,

What should I expect as a reasonable cost to have my carb cleaned on a single cylinder enduro bike? I'd like to support a local shop and am just curious about an approximate price. I already had this carb apart once and I must have missed something so my patience is up - to a local shop it goes!

Thanks

You pulling the carb?

If I'm going to pull it, I'll find somebody with a parts washer and call it good. I'm kind of feeling lazy and want to bring the bike in.

Anybody have one of those hot parts washers I can drop the carbie into? Maybe I just need some sense (positive reinforcement) slapped in me...

Depending on how bad the carb is you should expect to pay between 1 to 2 hs labor for the whole job (remove, clean, put it back together and adjust idle mixture)

So far...cold beer sounds pretty affordable

well....you can't go wrong with cold beer :smile_anim:

With my Mobile Cycle Repair Service that service runs $75

(Service truck dedicated to motorcycle repair comes to the bike )

Although SDAR Members recieve 10 percent off automatically..

for you goofy footer I'd come over at a professional capacity at half that only because I enjoy following your threads.

but first I'd like to hear what performance issues you are experiancing to help determine wether its a carb related issue .

it sounds like you've done the carb and I believe you did a good job.

Is this the bike that was using fuel purchased in Mexico and got a top end rebuild ?

There's 3 things you want to start off with.

1.good spark plug

2.proper valve clearance

3. Clean carb

the diagnostic begins after satisfying those three requirements.

What performance issues are you experiancing?

And the cold beer tntmo option isn't a bad one...

also I do have a parts washer at my place you can bring the carb over at no charge just like anybody else can on here. No beer required.

Darren .

What bike is this on? If its the DRZ, they have known issues with the pilots clogging, and if i am not mistaken, you can pull that out and clean it without even removing the carb off the bike.

Where are you located? I like Beer!

What exactly is bike doing to make you think its dirty carb?

SBS - Sitting Bike Syndrome. The fuel goes bad pretty quick these days, probably due to ethanol and whatever other "good" stuff we require to make the CA greenies happy. The FCR carb is a tricky one to get clean, lots of small passages that can get clogged up with the green microbiological stuff.

Cold beer!

I would go with the cold beer option. I had clairemont cycle service my xr carb and it worked fine, mostly.Dont remember the price.

1.5 to 2 hrs labor + possible parts. Moto labor is w @ 75 bucks per hour these day.