KTMrad

THE 2015 Desert Dash VOLUNTEER Thread

Here we go....Desert Dash Dual sport Ride put on by SDAR....February 21-22, 2015.

We usually need about 20 volunteers to help make our ride a success.

We'll have a volunteer / club meeting February 3rd...see details in upcoming meetings section.

If you want to volunteer to help out for the Desert Dash, this is the thread for you to post. Those of you who already sent me PM's to volunteer, please post here also...

We generally have 15-20 volunteers maximum, first come first serve basis...volunteers get "CREW" long sleeve t-shirts for volunteering.

Your campsites (Friday and Saturday nights only) and weekend are basically paid for, excluding your gas. Maximum 10 campsites, so people need to double up spaces if possible.

We like to have enough volunteers, so nobody has to perform their duties both days.

Again, we'll have a volunteer cookout Friday night (Tracy King...taco fiesta ! )

Volunteer positions available:

Registration Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday morning
Sweep Riders about 6-8 per day, 2 groups of 3 or 4 riders..might break up Saturday into sections, 3 riders each for 3 different sections.
GPS Downloads
Lunch Stop Sunday at Christmas Circle with Brown Bag Company Sponsor Sandwiches (our own Schwinnie)
EMT Driver and vehicle for Saturday and Sunday
Raffle Giveaway after dinner on Saturday night

Other things we will need access to if anyone has suggestions or leads...

Tables and Chairs for Saturday night dinner/raffle at the Clubhouse
Tarps and a couple of tables for Volunteer Friday Night dinner

We're shy on volunteers....please help out if you can, thanks !

Volunteer List

KTMrad - The Prez

Carguy

Joliet

DirtDame

AdvBum

Bikeslut

Tlking

Dsfox

Schwinn

Goofyfooter

Amgens

Bson2or4

Ricko1320

Klxben

HodnettJJ

Dstss

Felix

DanRider

Baja2015

Did I forget anything ?

Thanks in advance.

In for my normal stuff Randy! I'll let you know about tables and chairs soon.

No more EMT duty. Something else, but I will pass the vehicle signs on to the next car in line.

OK...we need an EMT volunteer driver with 4x4 vehicle.

My son is a EMT, I will ask if he and is friend who is also a EMT if they will do it for you. Would u put them up Rand if they do it. I will ask them to let me know soon if they will do it, so you can plan.

My son Dan (Felix) and I are good for Sunday sweep again. I think we have 2 other riders wanting to do the same with us to give us a 4 man team.

I would like to volunteer. SDAR has been good to me, it'd be nice to return some.

I'll be starting a new job soon but I'm probably good for registration or sweep. I'm currently EMT certified and have some things I can carry on the bike. I'll be radio operable and have good lights for riding at night.

Dan....sure I'll put them up in my mobile home rental....but we still need someone to drive them around in a 4x4

If they can't do it....I will use Kris like we've been doing for last fre years.

Dan...I'll need to know asap please.

If I'm home I'm willing to sweep.

Dan....sure I'll put them up in my mobile home rental....but we still need someone to drive them around in a 4x4

If they can't do it....I will use Kris like we've been doing for last fre years.

Dan...I'll need to know asap please.

My son is out of town, I will let you know by sunday

I'm willing to help where help is needed.

As usual, normal stuff and we will be there early.

I'd be glad to help, I know the area and have 85 toyota pickup with lockers if needed. Willing to help with anything.

My son just called me and told me to share with you that the fire department that he works with will not let him use thier medic bag because of liability, go figure. You will need to get him a medic bag along with a small bottle of 02. That is great for you because you will have to EMT's that know how to run calls.

I have been off the board for a while but I would like to help out again with whatever needed. I also have an 85 Toyota pickup with lockers. :)

I have been off the board for a while but I would like to help out again with whatever needed. I also have an 85 Toyota pickup with lockers. :)

EMT Vehicle???

maybe an suv that seats more than 2 would be better suited as an emt vehicle?

As usual, normal stuff and we will be there early.

x2

In for Friday night helping tracy as usual and can help earlier in day also-i can be there by 2