I would like to do a 4 day BAJA ride January 27, 28, 29, 30. Start: Rancho Tecate Hotel. Day 1 Ensenada Hotel. Day 2 San Quintin Hotel. Day 3 Mikes Sky Ranch. Day 4 return to Tecate.

I do not have much experience past the Tecate ride, but I do have some tracks that look good. I will be riding my KTM500exc with small saddlebags for clothing changes. I expect roads, single track, beaches, and whatever else comes up. Riggerdan? Any other experienced riders with the area?

I would like to do a 4 day BAJA ride January 27, 28, 29, 30. Start: Rancho Tecate Hotel. Day 1 Ensenada Hotel. Day 2 San Quintin Hotel. Day 3 Mikes Sky Ranch. Day 4 return to Tecate.

I do not have much experience past the Tecate ride, but I do have some tracks that look good. I will be riding my KTM500exc with small saddlebags for clothing changes. I expect roads, single track, beaches, and whatever else comes up. Riggerdan? Any other experienced riders with the area?

sounds like nice ride/country. Is this going to be mostly dirt...or what are you thinking? I'm not much of a rider, but my experience getting into Mike's sky Ranch from the pacific can be pretty tough. This year with the storms they had down there, I imagine it could be extra tough.

it's possible we may have to adjust for inclement weather but I've been riding down the last few weeks and haven't had much issues

The storms from the hurricanes were to the south so I think that area didn't get blasted.

From SQ to Mikes through Coyote ranch is challenging on 950's but fine on a 500. Other option is the Wine Rd from San Vicente to Valle T is easy double track but fun.

I posted a bunch of Baja tracks on Dualsportmaps.com (named Baja Norte)

There is a small group heading down for three days from Tecate to Meling to San Quintin and back. You're welcome to join us, we do know where we are going...

morgan

Thank you Morgan. If my plan does not work, I would lovejoin you. What days are you going?

The storms from the hurricanes were to the south so I think that area didn't get blasted.

From SQ to Mikes through Coyote ranch is challenging on 950's but fine on a 500. Other option is the Wine Rd from San Vicente to Valle T is easy double track but fun.

I posted a bunch of Baja tracks on Dualsportmaps.com (named Baja Norte)

I agree 100% with you and from valley T you can go the back way to Mike's Sky Ranchow or use HWY 3 south towards San Felipe FOR exactly 10 miles turn right at the sign and go straight up to Mike's.

There is a small group heading down for three days from Tecate to Meling to San Quintin and back. You're welcome to join us, we do know where we are going...

morgan

Hey Morgan, for the route from Meling Ranch to San Quintin do you head west down the paved road or south-south/west via the yellow track? I've never verified the yellow track. Thanks for any input/info!

post-14322-0-54872000-1422054999_thumb.j