Krs1

best intermediate must see trails in ocotillo!

im headed out there for the first time on a bike the weekend after christmas and want to ride the most seneic fun intermediate trails the desert has to offer. point me in the right direction men!!!!!!!!!

just start and follow tire tracks...there really is not a good way to explain any sort of trail out there, follow tire tracks that head for the canyons and rocky hill stuff.

Yeah- Ocotillo Wells and Ocotillo are very different...for Ocotillo Wells, I park near the bathrooms/Ranger station. if I'm with plated bikes, I immediately run over towards Buttes pass, down to the slot, and ride up that...its really cool...then, you have to come back the long way around, because you can't ride back up the hill you came down. other not to be missed places; Shell Reef (watch the crazies on weekends jump, climb and (often) crash), pumpkin patch, mud pots, artesian well...and, IF you can find it, lost city...a bunch of people have taken to stacking rocks, and it is pretty neat. some of the roads to these locations are sand superhighways. For fun, or when I'm riding with others, I look for the small trails running parallel to the main road...whoops, climbs and small jumps along those. a lot of the roads actually have street signs, and the maps are accurate. I know a LOT of people that only ride there, so they know the place well...don't be afraid to stop somebody and ask for directions....they also have maps at the ranger station...search this site for sand riding tips...throttle is your friend

Plated or unplated? The best stuff is outside the OHV park. Plated - Inside ABSP: Fish Creek, Culp Valley\Jasper Trail, Oriflame\Rodriquez just to name a few. Unplated I like south of 78 between OW and Superstition. Particularly east of the Poleline. Lot's of good stuff.

hey thanks for all the good info. ocotillo i guess where all the madness ensues. im going with a friend thats unplated so we will have to stay offroad. we are intermediate so some cool single track (not on razorback ridges) would be fun. how about good camping. somewhere we arnt gonna get ran over at night lol.

Just to be clear there is Ocotillo (on I-8) and Ocotillo Wells SVRA that is on Hwy 78. From your response I assume you are talking about Ocotillo Wells. Numerous places to camp. If you just need a place to park then county line or poleline. Poleline is my favorite just because it's closer to the kind of riding I like. If you want amenities like showers and bathrooms then Blowsand or Holmes camp at the west end of the park. Don't worry about the crowds. It's only really busy on Thanksgiving and to a lesser extent New Years.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/OcotilloMap_WEB.pdf

ocotillo wells is the spot, im a north county guy so thats def closer. its a over night trips so just somewhere to pitch a tent is fine. a shitter would be cool but not needed, sounds like it will be a jump on the bike and explore trip! anythings to stay away from? any groups of hot woman that ride around looking for guys to give free beer too? only one can dream right!!!

Some toilets are halfway close throughout the park...don't park too close...yes...there are hot single women giving away beer all over the place out there; tell them bikeslut sent you

Those bathrooms will be getting a real workout this week. I rather use an ocotillo

Best ride out there is to salten sea and back. Or to superstition mountain and back. Phone booth at truckhaven was cool, not sure if it still exists?